Bitter Tongues (Part 1)

"I'm the new cancer," I sung, "Never looked better, you can't stand it!"

"Ciro!" Mom called from downstairs.

"Because you say under your breath," I continued, "You're reading lips, when did he get all confidennnn-"

"CIRO!" Mom screamed.

I dropped my hairbrush and it crashed into my foot.

"Fuck!" I cussed as I held my toes, "What, what!"

It's early in the morning, right before the school day starts. The day barely began and I'm already tired of it. Honestly, I would rather sleep for a whole week and do nothing than go back to school.

"Hurry up, we have to leave!" My mom yelled.

Middle of the week, October 10th. Wednesday has always been a weird day for me. Nothing special ever happens like Friday, but it's not so bad compared to Monday. I still want the week to end though, so there's that.

"Alright," I responded under my breath.

My neck had a scar in the center of my throat. It's been almost forty-eight hours since Lloyd stabbed me, so my body had plenty of time to heal. Whatever's left was the presence of a darker spot of the wound. It's not like a tan but a darker brown shade. Besides the fact that I flinch a little when I apply pressure to it, I'm completely fine.

I finished my hair and changed into a different set of clothes. I ran down stairs and found my mom sorting foods into different containers.

"I'll be working a double shift tonight," Mom explained, "I won't be home until two in the morning."

She carefully placed sliced banana in one of the containers, and proceeded to sort out chicken and broccoli in another.

"Alright," I said, "We should probably get going."

Mom popped lids on the containers, "Here," She tossed me her keys, "I'll meet you in the car."

I walked out of the house and entered the garage where her car was. Her red Toyota was parked neatly in the center of the room. Even though my mom had the car for a couple years, there wasn't a single scratch anywhere. It's impressive.

DING.

Text message. Maybe it's Mom.

I pulled out my phone and found two messages from 'Zuri'.

_____________
He could probably help with that one guy.
_____________

He?

The door slammed behind me causing me to hop.

"Alright, you ready?" My mom said, taking the keys from me and unlocked the car.

What's the point in asking me to wait for you if you're just gonna finish within a minute?

I took a seat in the passenger side and unlocked my phone.

_______________
Have you heard about the Healing Man? Apparently there's a student going around that's healing people for some cash.

He could probably help with that one guy.
________________

The messages said. 

"Never heard of him," I typed out.

_______________
People are saying he's some miracle man that could heal cuts and bruises.

He's been healing people with perfect recovery.
______________