Chapter 35.

[Taylor]

I lay on the couch with my eyes closed and a thick blanket wrapped around me as I tried my best to drift off into sleeping site but I couldn't manage to sleep. It wasn't like I had anything going on at the moment but even trying to sleep in my bed. I had a couple of hours until the VMAs and I felt a little awkward that I was gonna be in front of the whole world with my arm wrapped around Leland's on the pink carpet and I couldn't help but overthink every little detail and how this could go wrong.

I was thinking just one time I could not overthink for once in my life, I paced back floors and even sat at the piano and picked up my guitar to play a couple of songs but even then. . . sleep couldn't find its way back to me.

I heard a light knock on the door. I looked over at the clock and it was 1: 37 in the morning. Who was possibly here at this hour?

I walked to the door trying to fix my shirt. I pulled the door open and I was met with Leland, his glasses almost falling off his face. In his right hand, he was holding a gym, and from the noise of it, it sounded like clothing and in the other was a McDonald's bag.

I was confused about why he was here, I didn't invite him and I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him recently, he's been getting ready for his VMA performance. he wanted to make sure everything went perfectly.

"Are you just gonna stand there and let me, or am I just gonna stand here with McDonald's?"  I maneuver it out of the way creating a pad for him to walk through.

He threw his bag on the side of the couch, kicking off his shoes to the side. he sat crisscrossed on the floor and started taking food out of the bag. I walked over beside him and sat crisscrossed. He handed me a ten-piece chicken nugget and large fries.

He shoved a chicken sandwich in his mouth and I just started at him as he gobbled down his food. "What are you doing here? It's almost 2 a.m.," I say placing my arm on his shoulder.

"I should be asking you the same thing, you should've been asleep hours ago," He said with his mouth open where I could see him chewing his food.

I press my back up against the couch. "Couldn't sleep," I said having my hands in my lap.

"I can see that," I punched him in his shoulder. "I was joking and besides I couldn't sleep either. Usually, I don't get nervous about these things but I don't know I have been feeling a little weird," He sounded defeated.

"Wait are you having second thoughts?"

"No! I'm just a little nervous about how everything is going to go, I want everything to be perfect and I want you to be happy,"

"Aw!" I wrapped my arm around his neck. "Everything is gonna be okay, just don't do anything stupid please," I said playfully but some of it had truth to it.

"I won't but now get some sleep now, you have a big day tomorrow."