Chapter 12

But maybe not this time. Maybe this time he wouldn't get what he wanted. Especially because he didn't actually want to go against what the kid wanted; he still had that ridiculous desire to make him happy. And of course, to hear those exquisite sounds he made when Tyler pleasured him.

~*~

Bill stared up at the man who leaned above him, trying to read his expression, but in that moment he just looked cold and menacing. Should he have just let him do whatever he wanted...? Maybe now that he had upset him, he'd only made it worse. After all, the man had backed down a bit again before Bill spoke.

"I'm sorry." The hustler smiled softly, rolling off him and sitting up at the edge of the bed.

Well, that wasn't at all what Bill had expected.

~*~

Tyler wanted to die. How could he have been so stupid? Why was he even trying to convince himself that sex was all he wanted from the boy? Knowing that he had blown any chance of ever... Of ever what? Being with him...? That was just ridiculous... But it killed him anyway. Obviously, he hadn't learned anything from that disastrous phone call a week ago.

With a sigh, he got up to gather his clothes and leave; this was a total mess and the sooner he could leave the better.

"Where are you going?" The boy mumbled from the bed; Tyler had avoided looking at him, but now he did. The kid had pulled his legs up, wrapped his arms around them and now eyed him cautiously.

"I don't know." Tyler sighed again, running a hand through his hair; how had this gotten so complicated and dramatic? He didn't even know this boy. All he wanted was to get laid. Well, maybe not all, but...

~*~

Now that Tyler had gotten off him, he didn't really seem that scary anymore, and Bill suddenly wanted him to stay again.
What was wrong with him? Was he schizophrenic or something?

The hustler didn't actually seem dangerous or aggressive – maybe he really had just confused Bill with someone else? There were probably a lot more people who preferred it rough...

"What were you sorry about?" Bill asked carefully, still being slightly confused about what the man had meant earlier.

Tyler turned fully to look at him with an odd expression that Bill didn't know how to interpret; he looked almost...sad?

"About scaring you earlier. It wasn't my intention." He smiled a surprisingly warm smile, removing all of Bill's dreary thoughts.

"Oh. Did you confuse me with some other client? The one from the silver BMW?" Bill asked sadly.

~*~

Tyler stared at him in disbelief – the boy was offering him a way out. With a small lie, he might actually be able to save this catastrophic evening and stay with him.

"Yes," he answered almost atomatically. "I'm very sorry."

"Oh," the boy smiled sadly, looking down at the covers. He looked so betrayed. Maybe Tyler should just tell him the whole truth... Tell him why he had told him that stupid lie about the other client last week. Tell him why he'd just been so stupid a minute ago. Tell him that he was absolutely crazy about him and hadn't been able to stop thinking about him since the moment he'd laid eyes on him. Tell him that he wasn't a hustler... And tell him that he was madly in-

"Is his name also Bill?" Bill interrupted his thoughts.

"Yes," Tyler said the first thing that came to mind. Apparently, he wouldn't be telling the truth tonight.