21

April 20, 2023

Noah's POV

Ever since finding out Lily was pregnant, I've been extra excited about the trip to Charleston. I was super excited to play against Zachary and even more excited to tell him that he was gonna be an uncle. We left this morning around 7:30 and were driving the whole drive today. Lily texted her brother last night and asked if they were coming to Charleston. They said that they were gonna come to Saturday's game. Lily slept most of the drive, only waking up for food. I made sure to pack the ring in my bag before we left the house and I was so pumped to propose, but even more so now because I'm gonna be a dad. We arrived at the hotel in Charleston around 5:45 and I texted Zachary, asking if he wanted to meet me and Lily for dinner.

Noah: just pulled up to the hotel in WV
Noah: Up for dinner with me and Lily

Zachary: Sure Olive Garden?

Noah: Let me check with Lily

"Hey, Zachary wants to meet up at Olive Garden for dinner," I say as Lily walks out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm down for some pasta."

Noah: She's down

Zachary: Sweet there's one right next to your hotel
Zachary: I'll meet you there at 6:30

Noah: See you then

I put my phone on the charger and get a quick shower. Lily and I leave the hotel at 6:20 and walk to the restaurant. We get to the door and I see Zachary's car pull into the lot. He locks his car and runs over to us. He picks Lily up and squeezes her tightly, making her laugh.

"Hey, bro," I say.

"Hey, man."

We do the handshake that we've been doing since we were kids and head inside. We get a booth and look at the menus. Zachary kicks my foot and I give him a look. We order our food and start talking.

"So, how've you guys been," Zachary asks.

"Good. We actually have something to tell you," I say as Lily opens her purse.

She slides an envelope across the table to Zachary. He opens it and his eyes go wide.

"Are you guys for real?"

"Yeah, man. You're gonna be an uncle," I tell him.

"Guys, this is amazing. Congrats."

"Thanks, Zachary," Lily replies.

"Have you told Mom and Dad yet?"

"I talked to Mom this morning and she said they're coming to the game tomorrow. They got to the hotel a few hours ago and they wanna meet the three of us for breakfast tomorrow," I say.

"That sounds good," he replies as the food arrives.

We enjoyed our meal and the rest of the night.

April 21, 2023

Lily's POV

Noah woke me up at eight for breakfast with his family before we had to be at the field. Zachary had offered to drive us to the stadium after and we told the coaches what was happening. I got a quick shower and got dressed.

I did my makeup and Noah and I packed our things for the game today

I did my makeup and Noah and I packed our things for the game today. Zachary picked us up at nine and we went to a diner about ten minutes from the field. We got a table and Noah's parents walked over a few minutes later. We exchanged hugs and ordered our food. Zachary told them what he'd been up to before Cami turned to Noah and me.

"And what about you two? What's been going on in your lives," she asked.

"Well, uh, when we were in Arizona, Lily got sick and we thought it was something she ate," Noah began.

"But, when I was continuing to throw up when we got back to Georgia, I went out and bought a test and they all came up positive," I say.

"We had an appointment before we traveled and they confirmed that Lily is pregnant," he says as I slide the ultrasound across the table.

"Congratulations, you guys," Keith says.

Cami hugs me again and our food arrives.