Chapter 29: Extra POV

[ Jessica’s POV]

I’m Jessica, James’ girlfriend. I came from America but I went here for James because I love him. I love him so much that I don’t want him to be apart from me.

I know James loves somebody else. And I know that it was Kaye.

I know that you see me as the antagonist of this story but for now, just let me explain my self. Let me explain my side.

James and I met in America. He was lost that time so I helped him. we get to know each other and we had the same school.

Everyone is teasing us in school. That time, I already love him.

I’ve got all the guts I need just to tell him what I feel.

He told me that he just sees me as a friend and that hurts me a lot.

I tried suicide but I did not died.

I tried everything just to get James.

And I did. As time goes by, he learned to love me. But now, I wasn’t sure if he really did love me.

When I saw Kaye, it’s like my heart is breaking into pieces.

She deserves James and James deserves Kaye also. But how about me?

I’ve been good to James so that I could be the right girl for him but it’s like I was just his rebound.

HE REALLY LOVE THAT KAYE.

Kaye is perfect.

Me? I was just an ordinary woman.

Kaye is full of love.

Me? I’m full of insecurities.

At times, I think of giving up but still, I can’t.

Now that I have him, I will never let him go. NEVER!

But that was just before.

When Kaye left the restaurant, I saw his eyes with tears.

I saw the one I love in pain.

How can I take away his pain? How can I make everything’s right for him?

There’s nothing left for me to do but to let him go but  I really can’t! I really just can’t!

“honey, are you okay?” mom asked me.

“yeah, I’m fine mom.”

“honey, will you just tell me the truth. Is it about James again?”

“haaaay. Mom, it’s hard to compete with a girl. Especially if that girl is the only one he love.”

“Jessica, the true meaning of love is giving them everything without expecting in return.”

“but, it’s so unfair mom! It’s UNFAIR! Why do I get hurt when in the first place, I was the one who gave him everything?”

“if you don’t get hurt, You never loved him. That’s the sign that your love for him is real.”

“Mom, it’s hard. Very very hard.” Tears started falling.

“you’ve got to set him free Jessica. That’s the only solution to stop the pain.”

“it will worsen the pain if I let him go.”

“it’s your choice honey. Let him stay with you or let him be happy with the girl he really love.”

Mom left my room.

“oh, honey another thing.” Mom said.

“what is it?”