Chapter 11

While on their break, one of Xavian's classmates is selling her things because she needs to pay bills. Among the pile of clothes and stuff toys, what caught Xavian's attention was a Sailor Moon plushie.

Xavian remembered Lance.

"You've been staring at it for awhile; wanna buy it?" Camilla asked.

"How much is the Sailor Moon plushie?"

"100 pesos."

Xavian remembered he still had at least 300 pesos in his wallet so he could still buy the plushie. He took out his worn-out wallet and bought the plushie, which is still in good condition and looks like it has just been washed.

It was a second-hand item, and Xavian hesitated a bit to give it to Lance. What if he doesn't like it and thinks it's too cheap?

After their class finished, Xavian went straight to their dorm because he didn't have work today.

"Welcome back, Xavian," Lance casually greeted, his eyes focused on a sketch book as he sketched a self-portrait.

After hesitating for awhile, Xavian took out the Sailor Moon plushie from his bag. "Here, for you."

"For me?" Lance blinked in surprise, and when he saw the Sailor Moon plushie, he almost squealed in delight. "It's so cute! Thank you!" Lance hugged the Sailor Moon plushie on his arms and smiled happily.

"Sorry, it's just secondhand." Xavian awkwardly coughed and sheepishly looked away. "My classmate is selling some of her stuff, and I know you like Sailor Moon."

"I love it! Thank you, Xavian, for being so thoughtful!" Lance felt his heart beat a bit faster when Xavian remembered him when he saw the Sailor Moon plushie and bought it for him. Xavian is actually paying attention to what he likes.

It's just the sweetest thing ever!

"It's soooo comfy, I'm going to cuddle with this every time I sleep." Lance rubbed his face on the plushie, making his cheeks squish a little. Lance felt so warm and happy inside that he hugged the Sailor Moon plushie tightly.

Xavian felt a bit embarrassed, he didn't expect that Lance would be this happy when he received his gift. For some reason, he could feel his heart beat faster when he looked at Lance, who was hugging the plushie.

It was just a simple gift, it's not even that expensive, but Lance appreciated it a lot.
___

Lance was late for class. These past few days he has never been late because Xavian is there to wake him up, but he forgot that Xavain will leave early today, so Lance ended up oversleeping.

Lance scrambled around the dorm, preparing his stuff. He picked a random shirt and proceeded to hastily tie his hair.

Before going out, he saw a lunch box with the note, 'Don't forget to eat lunch.' It looks like Xavain predicted he would be late today.

Lance couldn't stop grinning as he took the lunch box Xavian prepared for him. When he left the dorm, Lance just realized that he was wearing Xavian's black t-shirt. It was a little huge on him, and it smelled like Xavian's fabric conditioner.

Lance is already very late, so he really couldn't go back to their dorm. And he is kind of reluctant to change because Xavian's shirt felt surprisingly nice and comfortable to wear.

Lance thought it was probably because he didn't eat breakfast that he was being weird today.

If he remembers it correctly, they're just probably going to make a still life sketch so Xavian's shirt won't be stained with paint.
____