Chapter 13

The clock on the wall strikes twelve. Lance sat on the floor with his legs crossed, his eyebrows twitch as he stared at his abominable sketch of a hand. He angrily bit the tip of his pencil as he critiqued his artwork.

Everything on the sketch, from the abs to the symmetrical face, is already so perfect, but he messed up while sketching the hands.

"Xaviaaaaan." Lance whined to get Xavian's attention. "Help meeeeeeee."

Xavian closed his book and looked at Lance, who was sulking on the floor. "What happen?"

"Can you please pose for me real quick?" Lance sat up, almost looking like a husky waiting for his treats.

"Pretty please." Lance looked up at him, pleading with his eyes big and hopeful.

"Are you sure you want me to pose? I don't know how to pose."

"It's okay, I only need your hand."

"My hand? Sure." Xavian sat on the floor as Lance held his right hand.

Lance's eyes traced every line and angle on Xavian's wrist. Xavian's hands look beautiful, his hands are rough from his thick calluses. With all the details and texture, Xavian's hands are the perfect model for his sketches and paintings.

Lance carefully positioned Xavian's hand.

He noticed that Xavian's hand felt warm, like a warm mug of coffee on a cold, rainy day.

It felt really nice to hold his hand.

Lance couldn't help but be distracted by how their hands were perfectly intertwined, making him want to hold Xavian's hand a little longer...

His hands felt warm and reassuring. Lance didn't want to seem weird, but he was quite reluctant to remove his hand from Xavian's.

It felt so comfortable.

"Lance, my hand." Xavian uncomfortably moved his right hand. Xavian felt like he had accidentally compressed some of his nerves because he was not moving much. "It's getting a little numb..."

"Sorry!" Lance let go of Xavian's hand. He felt like an electric shock ran through his body in embarrassment and panic.

"Ouch! Why did you push my hand?" Xavian's right hand felt sensitive because he hadn't moved it for a long time.

Before Lance could apologize again, Xavian's phone rang.

Xavian used his left hand to reach for his phone at the study table. When a familiar number flashed on the screen, Xavian's expression changed, and he immediately hung up.

Lance wondered who was calling Xavian at this time. He rarely sees Xavian text or call someone, so it made him wonder who was calling, who made Xavian's expression darker? And a bit sad?

But the phone rang again.

And again.

And again.

It's like a never-ending cycle, as Xavian harshly pressed the hang-up button with his finger.

He almost couldn't even notice that he had regained his senses on his numb hand, all he could feel was the anger raising in his heart, his harsh breath, and his distracting thoughts.

"What do you want?" But what Xavian heard was not Javier's voice. Who was he kidding? Javier wouldn't take the initiative to contact him. In the past, it was only Xavian who always cherished their relationship. He is always the one who bows his head first and lowers his pride just to salvage their so-called relationship.

"Hi, it's me, Crisanto. Javier's friend." Crisanto looks at Javier, who is still drinking nonstop. "Javier had been drinking a lot...I was wondering if you could convince him to stop and drive him home?"