11. Blame Me?

Alicent and Alyssa sat in maegor's holdfast with a cup of tea in their hands. The day was still young and they had sat with each other taking care of the final preparations for the wedding that was to take place the next day.

"What do you think, dearest?"

She looked up at the older woman, completely lost in her thoughts. Alicent took a sip of her tea and put down the living table. The steam from the tea flew out of the cup and disappeared around the room.

The queen stood up and walked over to the couch Alyssa was sitting at. She was a little confused when Alicent sat down next to her and grabbed her hands.

Alicent knew she did not enjoy their in their visit. But she remembers that she actually liked her when the girl was a child. The queen wanted it back.

"I am aware that our visits are not of great pleasure to you. But I will be your good-mother. Your mother by law. Whatever quarrel me and your mother have, it must not affect the two of us"

Alyssa was completely speechless. She didn't trust Alicent nearly as much as she trusted Aemond. To be fair, she didn't trust anyone here except for Daeron and Helaena.

"It dose effect me, your grace. You ran at my brother with a dagger and then cut my mother's arm. And you want me to trust you?"

Alicent let go of her hands, and stared blankly at her.

"What has happened, has happened. It is in the past and it shall remain so." she said an moved her gaze to the floor. Alyssa saw how she picked at her nails, at the dried blood around her cuticles.

There was a long, stiff silence. No one knew what to say to each other. "Five years ago, when you were a child, you used to like me. I want a good relationship with you Alyssa, I hope you meet me halfway."

The princess nodded slowly, she remembers her admiration for the older woman and how she stayed with her in the chamber the day Joffrey was born. She wasn't a bad person, but at the same time, no one could blame her for her lack of trust for her and her two oldest sons.

"Of course, your grace" she replied simply, not having the energy to continue this coversation. Alicent took her hands again and smiled "Alicent, you can call me Alicent"

Alyssa put her hand over hers and gave a wholehearted smile. The door opened and the Queen's servant entered with a white dress folded on a wooden Board which the servant held. The other held a beautiful casket that had floral details on it. The third held a needle and thread and three other maids stood behind with four different fabrics.

The seventh girl also entered wearing a black cloak with the Targaryen and Velaryon seals on it.

"What is this?" Alyssa asked as Alicent got up from the sofa and signaled with her hand for Alyssa to get up too.

"This is your dress that I picked out for you. I hope you like it, then we'll have more of the same fabric in case you want to change something. Your coat for the ceremony is to be tried on too. And a present from me, a wedding present if you will"

The princess was completely speechless. The attendant holding the folded dress placed it on the bed for Alyssa to see. It was absolutely fantastic. It had long sleeves that were ruffled at the ends. As well as an all-over coat with golden details at the neckline. It was a very beautiful dress, even though it represented very much of the pious queen.

"It's perfect" was all she said. The hand followed the golden pattern.

Alicent was happy that Alyssa was satisfied with the choice. It warmed her heart that they could be like mother and daughter from now on.