Act 7. Mamoru and Akio Chiba

Hikari slowly opened her eyes, realizing that the room she was definitely wasn't familiar. She quickly sat up, looking outside the window to see a beautiful sunset.

I feel like I was dreaming. She thought. I was in the dream I keep having. Someone is calling out to me again and again. A man's voice. But who could it be...?

"I see... you've finally woken up" a voice. Voice which made Hikari's heart beat faster.

Chiba Mamoru.

"Is this...?" Hikari questioned, slowly getting up from the bed.

"This is my home" older boy replied, interrupting girl's question. "Don't you remember? You collapsed after that battle and fell into something of a coma" when he was explaining why she was here, Hikari noticed a familiar cape, hat and mask.

After noticing those things, she didn't care about listening why she was sleeping here. Now, she had more more important thing to do. Ginger got up and slowly approach the armchair on which she saw those items. Hikari gently took a mask from it and went to Mamoru.

"You're..." she started, bringing mask to his face. "...Tuxedo Mask"

Everything was correct, that deep-blue eyes she was diving in, that really soft voice, that tuxedo tie, that...

Why didn't I notice this before...? she asked herself in thoughts, while Mamoru took a mask from her.

"Why..." she started, feeling like she can start crying at any moment. "Why are you doing this? Why are you working as Tuxedo Mask...?"

"I have to do this" he started, moving off mask from his face. "In order to recover my memories. I must first obtain Legendary Solar Crystal, it's the only way"

"Your memories?" said Hikari. Memories... she also had to remember something to awaken the princess. Maybe the key for these lost memories were that Legendary Solar Crystal?

Chiba sighed, approaching the big window. He put his right hand on the glass, curiously observing girl's reactions. "Both of my parents were killed on my sixth birthday and that's all I can remember about my past" he took off his hand from window, only to clench one's fist. "As soon as I woke up in the hospital after the accident, I couldn't remember anything besides that I have a brother. Am I really Chiba Mamoru or am I really someone else? It's been so many years now that I've gone on, not knowing" told he, turning around head so Hikari could see his eyes filled with pure anger. "There's just one clue. I keep having the same dream. That phrase... Legendary Solar Crystal. It's repeated again and again in my dreams. The next thing I knew, I found myself sleepwalking late at night all over the city, prowling the streets like a thief in a tuxedo searching for a clue to restore my memory" he continued "searching for the Legendary Solar Crystal"

After hearing his story, Hikari was completely speechless. She expected everything, but not this. Not as traumatic story as this from a boy who is perfect in everything at school. Now, Tsukino was sure that Tuxedo Mask definitely wasn't an enemy. If she find the Legendary Solar Crystal first, she will hand it to him. After all those years, he deserved to finally restore his memories from early childhood.

"What about you?" he suddenly asked, making girl's surprised. "Why are you searching? You're looking for the Legendary Solar Crystal too, right?"

Hearing his question, Hikari blushed I'm embarrassment. She didn't have any reason to search for it, she was just doing what Luna was telling her to do. "Well... I don't really know exactly, just that Luna told me I need to find it and protect it. But she's more focusing on the Legendary Silver Crystal right now"