*:・゚✧Chapter 3. [Shanaya]*:・゚✧

I had a crush on him in my teen years, and I never said I wanted to marry him.

"Ooo, it's your childhood crush." Aneesh whispered in my ear from behind.

"Fuck you Aneesh." I whispered back to him and my dear mother cleared her throat beside me.

"Shanaya, take Lakshya outside with you. You two can talk about things you want." Papa instructed to me, gesturing me with his eyes to lead the way.

I stood up with a tight lipped smile and saw his unconcerned and unbothered blank face looking at mine.

"Please." I said leading the way to the backyard. He followed behind, like a quite shadow in the dark.

"I hate this arrangement." Was his first statement once we were out in the open air.

"I hate you." I whispered but somehow, that super human heard it and replied.

"Then, say no to me." He said irritated.

"You can do that too." I replied back in the same tone.

"But why would I?" He replied with a slight smirk playing on his lips.

"Are you okay, Mr. Mehra? If not, I can book the operation theatre for your brain surgery, because you need one." I said visibly angry now.

"Thank you for the concern, but I don't need any right now. I just want to get out of here as soon as possible." He replied, the nerve of this man.

"Then go and deny your parent's for me." I said with a huff and stormed out of there leaving him standing.

How dare he tell me to refuse to him, when he comes to my house, asking my hand in marriage. The utter audacity of this man in the past and now, he hasn't change a bit.

All the heads turned towards me as I entered the living room with thousands questions in their eyes demanding for answers which I didn't have at all.

"Beta, where is Lakshya?" Aunty asked.

"Um Aunty, he is in the washroom." I answered timidly, regretting leaving him there but he so deserved it.

Just then, Lakshya entered inside and stood beside me.

"I am here, Maa." He said in a flat tone.

"So, beta, what have you decided?" His father asked.

I glanced at his stoic face, bearing minimum emotions. I raised an eyebrow when he looked at me.

"Maa, it's not a child's play. At least give us some time before we decide." He spoke after a long dead silence of 5 minutes, and I exhaled, which didn't go unnoticed by Bhabhi, who gave me a questioning look.

"Okay. Two weeks. You both have two weeks to get to know each other and decide the dates of marriage." His father spoke up in an authoritive tone, when all he wanted to say was, you both don't have any other option than marrying each other.

Damn all.

After some more unbearable time period, they all left, and I escaped to my room for some solitude, which was soon erupted by Bhabhi's knocks.

"What do you want, Bhabhi?" I asked in tiredness.

"Bacha, do you have a problem with him?" She asked, sitting on my bed, and I placed my head on her lap.

"No, I don't. It's just that it's his this magnetic, unapproachable aura that surrounds him. He has always been like this since school, and the one time I tried to approach him in the school, he was so rude to me." I poured out everything to Bhabhi, and she started laughing.

"Why are you laughingggg?" I whined because one,  I was damn tired, and second, I don't wanna marry that boy.

"Areey mera chotta bacha, why are you being sad on such a small thing?" She replied.

"Dekh bacha, people sometimes don't know how they act with someone, and you shouldn't take it to heart, na. You are my brave and savage bacha, and now I think I am coaxing Ruby." She said again, laughing.

"Go away, you evil, Bhabhi." I said, pushing her off, and she got up laughing. Just then, Maa entered, and I groaned.

"Wahh, the groaning started as soon as I entered." She said, smacking my head, and I pouted.

"Okay, I am leaving. You two have a chat, and I need to attend to Ruby too." Bhabhi said with a fake sigh, and we shooed her away.

"Are you happy?" Maa asked, and I gave her a side eye.

"Achha, okay, will you be happy with him? Do you see the potential?" She asked again.

"Maybe." I answered slowly.

"See bacha, your choices always have been correct and we are proud of you for everything but this time take time to think and rethink your decision because this is one of the biggest choices of your life." She said seriously, patting the head.

"Okay, Maa. I will think about it." I said slowly, and she pecked my forehead before  leaving with a good night.

My phone pinged with a notification, and I saw the Mehra siblings' request on Instagram, which I accepted. Riya and Harsh Mehra.

I called Aneesh and Aanya to spill the tea, mostly to Aanya, because she literally lives an ocean away.

"Yesssss, my darling." She answered as cheerfully as ever, and Aneesh was like helloooooooo.

"So basically, my marriage is going to be fixed with the Lakshya Mehra." I said, and one gasp and one smirk was heard.

"The Lakshya Mehra?" Aanya asked.

"The one and only." Aneesh answered.

"Tell me everything, both of you idiots." Aanya commanded, and me and Aneesh entered our storytelling mode.

"Oh woooooow." She said laughing on the side of my story.

"Are you sure that you won't poison him in the first week of marriage?" Aneesh asked, laughing too.

"See, I don't hate that guy, I simply dislike him. He has this 'I don't give a fuck' aura around him and then his attitude is on next level. And to be honest, I imagined a golden retriever guy for myself, and he doesn't even match the level." I said to them with a sigh.

After a little drama, we cut the call as we had to sleep, and Aanya had to go to her flower boutique.

It's true, I wanted a guy who would match my energy, do all the pranks and little cute things with me, and most importantly, match my vibe. But Mr. Gabbar Mehra isn't even close to any of the qualities I imagined in my man.
I screamed in my pillow and lay quietly thinking about the future.

Helloooooooooo dear Nixiess! Yooo, the next chapter is here, like comment, and drop reviews too. I need a little feedback so that I can direct the further story too, I am damn way too much into this story now, won't be left incomplete ever.

Byeeeeee, take care and be happpyyyyyyy.😁❤️