*:・゚✧Chapter 36. [Lakshya]*:・゚✧

My phone was ringing continuously while I was talking to one of the major shareholders. It was Harsh, but then Riya called too, so I picked up.

"Yes Riyu?" I asked.

"Bhaiyaaa, Bhabhi came home early than usual and was crying and sobbing so badly. Doesn't even wanna talk to us." She said in one breathe.

"Achha, don't worry I will be there in half an hour." I replied to her.

"Sir, if you don't mind, can we please postpone the last segment of this presentation. Something urgent came up at home." I said urgently.

"Don't worry, Mr. Mehra, I heard your sister. Go to your wife." He said with a smile, that's the thing with elder people, they know and understand everything.

I picked up a bouquet of her favorite flowers, lilies and ice cream which Aneesh has texted me about and took off for home.

"Where is she?" I asked as soon as I entered the house and saw those two monkeys marching around the living room.

"She is above in her room, asleep, we checked." Harsh said.

"She just came in and in an instance, started crying and when we asked what happened, she said she needed rest." Riya said in a panic tone.

"You didn't do something did you?" Harsh asked me narrowing his eyes.

"Of course not. Wait let me go to her first." I said and went to my room.

I saw her sleeping peacefully as I entered the room, but as I got closer to her, her cheeks were strained with tears, and she had a disturbing expression on her face. I tried waking her up but she wouldn't budge so I just sat down beside her, gazing at her loving face.

She is so pretty, how did I get so lucky in the first place to marry her.

"How? Why are you here?" She asked as soon as she woke up. It was a real last to calm her down. I have never seen Shanaya se sad or crying this badly and she narrated me the whole story.

And when I suggested that we could help those families and she gave me the most cutest puppy eyes, I knew I was a goner for this woman.

Her lips looked so inviting at that moment, I should be cursing myself for thinking about them but those lips could easily be the death of me, and I won't even complain.

Her lips looked so inviting at that moment; I should be cursing myself for thinking about them, but those lips could easily be the death of me, and I wouldn't even complain.

"You're staring," she said, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth.

I blinked, snapping out of my reverie. "Sorry, I can't help it. You're just too beautiful."

She rolled her eyes but couldn't hide her blush. "Flattery will get you everywhere, you know."

"Well, in that case," I grinned, "you're the smartest, kindest, and most amazing woman I've ever met."

Shanaya laughed, a sound that instantly brightened the room. "Okay, okay, enough with the sweet talk. We have work to do, remember?"

"Right, helping families. Got it," I said, though my mind was still half-occupied with thoughts of her lips.

We spent the next few hours planning our approach. Shanaya was a natural, coming up with creative ideas and solutions I never would have thought of. I found myself more and more impressed with each passing minute.

"So, we'll start with a fundraiser," she said, jotting down notes. "Maybe a community bake sale?"

"Great idea," I replied. "I'll even bake some of my famous chocolate chip cookies."

She raised an eyebrow. "Famous, huh? I've never heard of these legendary cookies."

"That's because I was saving them for a special occasion," I teased.

"Well, now you have to make them," she challenged, eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Consider it done," I said, laughing. "But don't say I didn't warn you about how addictive they are."

As we finalized our plans, I couldn't help but feel a surge of pride and excitement. We were going to make a real difference, and I was doing it alongside the woman I adored.

Later that evening, as we were winding down, Shanaya turned to me with a thoughtful expression. "You know, I'm really glad you're here. I couldn't do this without you."

"You could," I said, pulling her into a gentle hug. "But I'm glad you don't have to."

She smiled up at me, and for a moment, everything else faded away. "You're pretty amazing, you know that?"

"Only because I have you," I whispered, leaning in to finally kiss those inviting lips.

As our lips met, it felt like the most natural thing in the world. All the stress and worries melted away, leaving just the two of us, lost in a perfect moment in each other's embrace. The kiss got deeper with the time and I pulled her on my lap, straddling me. Finally we broke apart and my eyes swept over her, she was wearing my pajamas. I gave her an eyebrow raise.

"I wanted to hug you but thought that you might be busy so didn't disturb you all, then wore your clothes, hugged them and slept off." She said lowering her gaze.

I gently lifted her small head with a finger under her chin and removed her hair strands from her face to directly see in to her eyes.

"Oh baby, you can call me whenever you want, and I will be there in a fucking heart beat okay?" I said and she nodded with those big doe eyes.

Shanaya grinned. "Well, if your cookies are as good as your kisses, we're definitely going to raise a lot of money."

I laughed, feeling lighter and happier than I had in a long time. "I guess we'll find out."

"Thank you," she whispered again, with a soft smile.

"For what?"

"For believing in me. For helping me. For being here."

"Always," I said, kissing the top of her head.

With Shanaya by my side, I knew we could accomplish anything. She said for me to change and cuddle her, more like ordered me. We ate the ice-cream I brought while watching a Disney movie in bed, until she dozed off again in my arms, this time with a peaceful enchanting expression.

Heyyyyyy Nixiess!💓
I hope you all are fine and top class. This is the new chapter. Enjoy, and do tell me in the comments what you liked the mosttt. I will be waitingggggggg.

Goodnight, take care and byeeee🌷💓.