*:・゚✧Chapter 34. [Lakshya]*:・゚✧

As I reluctantly  let her free from my embrace, we went down only to meet the bustling energy of the kitchen, where the whole family seems to have gathered.

Maa, with her mischievous smile and eyes at Shanaya says, "Well, well, look who's finally gracing us with her presence in the kitchen!"

Harsh, with a smirk, chimes in, "I hope you've brought your cooking charm with you, Bhabhi. We're all eagerly waiting to taste your cooking magic."

Riya, giggling, adds, "Yeah, we've been surviving on instant noodles for too long. Time for some real food!"

"Haw, you are saying as I don't provide you with enough delicious food as it is." Chachi said twisting Riya's ear playfully, while she giggled.

Shanaya can't help but laugh at the playful teasing. "Alright, alright, no need to gang up on me! I'll cook something delicious for all of you."

Maa claps her hands together. "That's my girl! I knew marrying you into this family would pay off in the kitchen department and all other departments considering my dear son." She added eyeing me.

Me being ever the supportive husband, winked at her, and said, "I have full confidence in your cooking skills, love. Just remember, a little extra spice never hurts." Her eyes went wide and then a slow smile graced her lips.

With a mock glare, she playfully swatted my arm. "Oh, you just wait and see. I'll whip up a feast that'll have you begging for seconds!"

With laughter echoing through the kitchen, Kitten gets to work, and Maa forces us all out of the kitchen but not before I sneak in a small cheek kiss on her beautiful red cheeks, like a dutiful husband.

As Shanaya rolls up her sleeves and starts rummaging through the pantry, Maa leans in with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "You know, dear, the way to a family's heart is through their stomachs. No pressure, but we're all counting on you."

Harsh nudges Riya with a grin. "Yeah, if this lunch doesn't impress us, we might have to reconsider your position in the family, Bhabhi."

Riya nods dramatically laughing. "That's right! The fate of your status as our favorite sister-in-law hangs in the balance."

Shanaya feigns offense, placing a hand over her heart. "Oh, the pressure! But don't worry, I'll make sure to make up something so delicious, you'll forget all about those instant noodles."

With a twinkle in her eye, Shanaya gets to work, the aroma of spices filling the kitchen as she expertly chops vegetables and stirs pots on the stove. Despite the teasing, there's an underlying sense of camaraderie and love in the air, as each member of the family pitches in to help in their own way.

I make my way back to my room to complete some work in the meantime, while my dear wifey cook up something delicious for all of us.

As the clock ticks closer to lunchtime, the kitchen fills with anticipation, the tantalizing scent of Shanaya's cooking drawing everyone closer to the table. Finally, with a flourish, Shanaya presents her culinary masterpiece, a spread fit for royalty.

Maa takes the first bite, her eyes widening in delight. "Shanaya, my dear, you've outdone yourself! This is absolutely delicious."

Harsh and Riya eagerly dig in, their earlier teasing replaced with satisfied murmurs of approval. I can't help but beam with pride as everyone savor each mouthful.

There were satisfied grins spread across everyone's faces as Shanaya took her seat beside me.

"Well done wifey, the lunch is delicious." I whispered to her.

"Told ya." She said shooting me a smug grin.

I chuckled, leaning in closer to Shanaya. "You were right, as always. I should never doubt your culinary skills."

Shanaya's grin widened, a playful sparkle in her eyes. "That's what you get for underestimating me."

"Achhaa can I join office from tomorrow?" She whispered asked me again.

"Of course, why would you ask me that? Besides your office is not anything we can delay longer, it's antion security." I said to her and she nodded with a smile.

"What are you guys whispering about?" Harsh asked, his mouth ful with the halwa Shanu made.

"Nothing." I replied focusing on my lunch.

"Have you already planned to make me Bua?" Riya chirped in and Shanaya choked.

"Riyaa, don't put stress on the baby." I said with a smile, and everyone's heads swirled in our direction.

"Beta, we assure you we are very morden, but isn't it too early?" Maa said dumbfounded while a more than stunned and wide eyed Shanaya looked up at me.

"Maa, she, she is the baby." I said cupping Shanaya's face and her cheeks reddened and everyone face palmed themselves.

"I am sure Bhai, we all had heart attacks coming in." Harsh said calming his heart.

"Drink some water beta, Laskhya usually isn't like this." Chachi said patting Shanaya's back as she drank water.

"Haan bhai has changed after you Bhabhi." Riya too spoke.

"I hope for the good only." Shanya spoke awkwardly and everyone nodded around the table. Her eyes finally landed on me, and I, was, of course already watching her only.

"See wifey." I said with a smirk and she smiled at me.

hiii prettyyy peopleee!! Here is the promised update. Drop a lot of comments as I am watching you. The married life is gonna be a bliss but wait till it turn all out. Anyways, seee yaaa, take caree all of youuuu. Love yaa all❤️