*:・゚✧Chapter 35. [Shanaya]*:・゚✧

All the rituals successfully completed, I packed my lunch which was insisted by my dear mother and sister in law respectfully, to go to office. And the moment I stepped inside Rahila Ma'am's cabin, I knew something had happened.

"Shanaya, I have bad news and more bad news." She said with a sigh.

"Tell me, I am ready." I answered sitting down in front of her.

"Your team has got two rescue missions. One from here, and one, I am afraid that you would have to travel to London in a month." She said.

"This isn't the bad news I am guessing." I said sensing the buts coming in.

"You have to be undercover, not even your husband can know about the second mission, you and Anshuman are assigned this task, but first the first task of your team is to track seven missing women throughout India, with no connections." Rahila Ma'am ratted, and I was shocked. Not that I haven't done any undercover yet, but with Anshuman, it's going to be real pain in the ass.

"Okay, I am gonna worry about it later, what's today's mission?" I asked leaning forward, and Rahila Ma'am started giving the instruction. Me and my team assembled in the conference room and got to work as soon as possible.

10 hours, the mission got completes, we helped the ground team as much as we could, but still we lost two girls. Two innocent girls, it was a case of human trafficking and the team was to rescue all of them from the container where they were kidnapped.

"Shanaya, are you okay?" Rahila Ma'am asked stroking my head slightly. Those two girls were brutally murdered in front of our soldiers to set example of how we shouldn't attack them if they want the girls to be safe, our team reacted positively in the most crucial situation and that's why the rest of the girls were saved and brought back successfully but those visuals, had hit a nerve that I didn't knew existed till now.

"Ma'am , is it possible to take the rest of the day off?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Of course, go on. Should I call Aneesh?" She asked lowering her voice to me.

"Thank you but no need." I said getting up, took my stuff and got out. Tears rolling down my eyes, thinking about those girls, their parents and how they would react to the loss of their only daughters. 

I tried to keep my head empty while riding but as soon as I saw Riya laughing and Harsh chasing her, probably because of something stupid, I crumbled.

"Bhabhi! Are you okayy?" Harsh asked catching me.

"I just want to be in my room, and yeah I am okay." I said wiping away those silent tears and made a beeline to my room. I can't deal with any more human interaction for now.

As soon as I got into bed, Aneesh called.

"Shanu you okay na?" He asked, in his softest voice.

"I am good Aneesh. I just want to rest." I said, my voice dropping very low.

"You don't sound good, should I head over with some ice cream after work? Your favorite chocolate chips?" He asked concern dripping from his voice.

"Aneesh if you have forgotten I am kinda married now, and you can't drop here anytime you want." I said with a little laugh.

"Yeah that too, but I can if I want." He said with smugness in his voice.

"Naah, I am good, just need some rest I guess. Will talk to you later." I said yawning.

"Okay pumpkin, see ya." He said and dropped the call. 

I snuggled into my comforter in Lakshya's shirt and pajamas, because it reminded me of him and I need him right now, but I know work comes first, so won't bother him now.

After an hour or so I think, I woke up from light touches on my face, Lakshya sitting beside the bed, gazing at me with most loving eyes.

"How? No, why are you here?" I asked sleepily, rubbing my eyes.

He slowly took my hands and caressed them.

"Because my kitty was upset? Tell me what happened?" He said slowly snuggling beside me on the bed now.

"W-we lost two girls today." I said sobbing, tears returning back.

"Shhhh, it's okay jaan, calm down first then tell me what happened?" He asked, caressing my forehead.

I narrated everything to him and he listen carefully, lovingly stroking my hair and calming me down when I broke down between the stories.

"We can help those girls' families right? You want to bacha?" He asked so lovingly, I might have melted right there.

"Can we?" I asked with puppy teary eyes at him.

"Of course jaan." He replied kissing my forehead, his lips lingering on my skin and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breathe, soaking in all of his touch.

I am really reallyyy sorry for disappearing like that, but I am back and the updates will be regular now, thankuuuu so much for your patience and have funn while reading. Comment a tons, I am gonna be watching youuuuu. Byyeee and take careeeeeee.

Yours' forever, Nyxie.