*:・゚✧Chapter 14. [Lakshya]*:・゚✧

I admire the view out of my office window, recalling our trip. That whole one day with Shanaya was a bliss, but sadly, we had to leave next day, because of an urgent phone call from her office. I asked Ritivik to run a background check on her out of curiosity and guess what I was thrown off the system completely to many ads and pop ups.

What do you really do Miss Shanaya?

Just then Priyank entered my cabin whistling.

"What do you want now?" I asked looking up at him, and Ayush was with him too, great. They aren't my best friends, but they are my good friends, who I know has got my back.

"Hello to you too." Priyank said sitting in front of me.

"Heard you are getting married Mehra." Ayush said sitting down beside him, with a smirk.

"I don't have any other choice." I said to them.

"Well, the pictures we received say something else all together." Ayush said smirking and showed his phone to me. Pictures of me and her together smiling, me putting gajra in her hair, me photo bombing her video and everything that was captured was with them.

"I should kill Harsh, myself for this." I said looking at them.

"Don't deny it, whatevee you are feeling Lakshya." Ayush spoke up.

"Oh the Love Guru has been activated." I said to him and he just grinned. Well, can't blame them, these assholes are settled with their partners, Akisha and Anika.

I met Priyank way after his marraige in a business deal and we just sort of clicked together, and Ayush was just the bonus pack.

"Okay okay." I said sushing them.

"Well we gotta go now, but don't forget to send us invites of your wedding." Ayush said chuckling while getting out the door and shut it behind him.

Silence. Pin drop silence and I am all alone, just then my phone lit up with a message from an unknown number.

"Hey, sorry for cutting the trip short. I am really sorry." It said, with a cute sticker of a puppy with teary eyes under it.

Shanaya.

"It's no problem." I texted back, already a ghost smile on my face. My whole face seems to lit up around her automatically, like she is the battery to my fused bulb.

But I fear, what if she leaves me like Neha because I am an workaholic, or because I couldn't give her enough attention. Or what if I repeat my mistakes and unintentionally hurt her, what if just what if?

I don't think I am ready for a woman like her, she is far more sensible, but childish at the same time. She can be the ambassador of desi outfitsx because she rocks them so fucking efficiently without even trying.

I don't wanna hurt her anytime, intentional or unintentional. She is a flower that has bloomed and I don't wanna make it a dull like myself. She has known me forever, she doesn't know that I know her from forever too. She doesn't know that I just used to go to Aunty's house to secretly admire her, she doesn't know even a bit of it.

We used to interact in middle school, but soon I went out for college and everything was forgotten. She knows me but she doesn't show it.

Again a message popped up.

"Mumma and Papa wanted to meet you today over dinner, is it alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, tell me the time, I will be there." I said and she replied with an okay panda sticker. She and her stickers.

I wrapped up the work in time to reach there and guess what, my parents and family were also there, I made eye contact with Shanaya and it held that look of helplessness.

Well I know how unpredictable my family can be.

"Namaste Uncle, Aunty." I said and touched their feet lightly. Don't judge, I am a family guy.

"So, you guys wanted to talk to me?" I asked sitting down beside Maa.

"Beta, Shanaya is working and you are working too, so it's best to keep this marraige as soon as possible." Shanaya's father spoke up and I looked at mine, who was staring at me too.

"Simply saying that we want you both to get married next month, wedding will be organized however you guys want, but the date will be determined today only." My father said pinning me down with his hard gaze, which is understandable after the stunts I have pulled with and because of Neha.

"Can I please talk to Shanaya once?" I asked looking at Shanaya who had her head down, but instantly looked at me listening to my words.

"Sure beta, Shanaya take him to your room." Shanaya's mother said and she nodded guiding me to her room.

I shut the door lightly. And she looked at me horrified, but sat on the bed with thud the next moment.

"Are you fine Shanaya?" I asked getting closer to her.

"I am tired, I wanna sleep." She whinned.

"Okay okay, but I was asking about the marriage?" I asked chuckling and she sat straight with an embarrassed red face.

"Yeah right." She said, her hair falling on her face.

"What I want to ask is are you comfortable with marrying me, Shanaya?" I asked getting on my knees in front of her, while she sat on bed, head hung low.

"Shanaya." I soft spokely, slightly lifting her chin to see those mesmerizing eyes.

"I already told you Lakshya, I never had any kind of partner or relationship, I don't know what to expect or what I want. I don't know if I am ready or not." She said in a little voice.

"I am here na, we can work it out together, okay?" I asked softly to her.

"Okay." She said with a little smile and I stood up, kissed her forehead and left the room. Don't ask me why I did that, it just felt like that and I did it.

I came down and all the people looked at with eagle eyes, I nodded and they all erupted in chaos. Shanaya came down a little after me, she was red as beetroot. Just the effect I have on her.

Heyyyy Nixies!! Here's the update and yeah Lakshya is a gone case now, he ain't recovering from his love for Shanaya anytime soon😉😂❤️

Seeee ya all, love you and take careeeeee.

Love, Nyxie.