Chapter 20 - Jeffery

Cosmo's pov

We were eating dinner, and I was hiding it but I was getting a bad feeling. Jeffery, Michael's distant cousin, was giving me the creeps. He stared at me for too long, and there was a hungry look in his eyes that nobody seemed to notice besides me.

I had my own little meal since I wouldn't eat meat, and I was the only person there who was a vegetarian. I was perfectly happy with my side dishes, I had mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and roasted carrots.

Aliza asked me, "so what's your favourite colour?" I just shrugged, I was way too nervous to speak. She understood and told me, "my favourite colour is purple. I especially like it when it's mixed with pink, but only that perfect magenta colour."

I nodded in understanding and Jackie said, "our whole room is magenta. She is not joking when she says she likes that colour."

I stood up to help with the dishes, laughing with Aliza. I finally figured out what was off about Jeffery when I turned around, I could feel his gaze wasn't on my back. It was lower.

I hurried to the kitchen, trying to get away from him. Unfortunately I was tackled by Marcy, who loudly yelled, "HI COSMO!"

I flinched and tried to struggle out of her grasp, but she had an ironclad grip on me. My breathing quickened as I couldn't escape and panic bubbled up in my stomach. She gave me a confused look but I swiftly elbowed her in the face, bolting out of the room and dropping the dishes.

I could hear my mates following me, but I was too scared to stop running. I ran into our room, sitting in the corner and covering my ears as I started to sob.

Evan got to me first and held me tightly, rubbing my back gently. I sobbed into his chest, holding onto his shirt tightly. The rest of my mates wrapped themselves around me up in a giant hug, cradling me while I cried uncontrollably.

***

The next couple days were okay, but I was still incredibly anxious the whole time. I was excited to finally go home, I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed!

On the bright side nobody had tried to touch me again. Though I was pretty sure Jacob and Michael had threatened Marcy since she didn't try to talk with me anymore.

Jacob's phone blared, "WARNING! SNOW STORM IS HEADING YOUR WAY! ALL RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS! DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN AN EMERGENCY!"

The smile I was wearing dropped off my face. I sarcastically muttered, "great..."

Matthew sat behind me and said, "it's okay... it's just a couple more days. You won't even have to leave this room if you don't want to. We'll bring you food, we know you're struggling to socialize."

I looked up at him and asked hopefully, "really?"

Evan reassured me, "yep."

Michael looked over at me and smirked as he said, "plus, if the power goes out we've got a couple ways to keep you warm."

I rolled my eyes and leaned into Matthew, I smiled as I told Michael, "just for that comment I'm blaming the snow storm on you when I call Alice. Say hi to the Grim Reaper for me."

He immediately rushed over and begged, "please no! Your sister is terrifying! I'm begging you, please don't blame me!"

I laughed through my words, "I was joking."

He sighed in relief so I added on, "but no more sex. You fricken horn dogs have already gone through two boxes and it's only been a couple days!"

Michael protested, "we were taking your mind off your anxiety! Plus with how much you moaned you enjoyed it too."