Chapter 5

When we got back upstairs, Porsche sighed and lay down on her bed. Alice was not waiting outside when we had gotten outside but I knew that wasn't it; Porsche had just eaten a lot.

"Ugh, I think I gained something. Doesn't matter," she said.

I pulled my laptop onto my lap and opened it up once more. "What do you know about Alice?"

She hummed for a second in thought. "It depends on who's asking. A curious roommate, or someone looking to see if my best friend is romance material."

"Definitely not the second one," I replied, totally lying through my damn teeth.

"Ooh, really? So that's why you're kind of blushing right now?" Porsche laughed.

She was looking at me, with a hand over her mouth in what looked like both shock and a bit of delight, I think?

"Okay, she's gorgeous and nice and when she smiles at me my heart flutters and my stomach feels weird and I didn't want this to be weird so I didn't tell you," I said in a rush.

More laughing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Oh my god. I didn't think I was right but YES!"

When she had finally stopped laughing, Porsche sat up on her own bed to face me.

"Okay, so don't say I said this, but....Alice recently told me she might be falling in love with you but if you don't love her then it's fine but she wanted me to know and just- yeah."

So, it became a very interesting evening after that.

Porsche gossiped all the details she could about her best friend.

"She's never really had a proper relationship before, she's crushed on girls before- even me, but temporarily- and we never dated, but I am for now her favourite girl. I was the only supportive one when she came out."

It was a lot of details, but I could remember every single one. My laptop was left abandoned at my side while I listened to what Porsche told me.

"So, what can I do?"

"Be honest; it's the best thing you can do," she said, as if it was simple.

Guaranteed she and I both knew it wouldn't be that easy. How often in love stories does one go up to the other and just confidently say "hey, I think I love you".

But that night, I still had those details in my head while lying awake in bed, as Porsche slept in our room for once and she was out like a light the second her head hit the pillow.