Chapter 10

I caught up with Alice when I got upstairs, seeing as she was outside the room.

"I know you think I was waiting for Porsche but I was actually waiting for you, she told me you'd be back today," she explained.

"Okay, well I can allow you to come in for being so patient," I answered, unlocking the door.

She followed me inside, closing the door behind her and sitting down on her usual spot, the floor in front of Porsche's bed.

"Did you have a good time away then?" she asked as I unpacked.

"Kind of," I answered.

"If you want to talk about it I'm all ears."

It was a very sweet offer. "How about when I'm done we go get hot chocolate?"

"Even though the sun is out?"

"Yep."

Alice laughed. "My kind of gal."

I didn't know what she meant by that and I knew I'd feel like an idiot for asking.

When I was done we headed off to the cafe she worked in, sitting at a table near the window and she got us two cups of hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, which I had admitted to loving with my hot chocolates from back home.

"My dad who walked out on my family when I was twelve wants to start over, and I don't want to. He had a chance, he blew it," I explained.

She hummed as she spooned the cream and marshmallows into her mouth. "I can see why, you haven't seen him since you were twelve?"

"Mom said he came back for his stuff while the three of us were at school, I seriously haven't seen him since then," I answered.

I thought of Megan and wondered if she knew about this, and if so if that's why she's been avoiding me.

When I got back to the room, and while Alice was away with Porsche before she took on a shift, I called my sister.

"Are you avoiding me because Dad contacted Mom?" I asked the second she picked up.

"Oh shit, she told you?" she said, sounding like she was cringing.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, she told me. So are you avoiding me because this is happening?"

"I knew you'd freak out, okay? You'd never forgive him, and neither would Trent, but he's our father. Isa, he came back."

"He can just leave again."

She scoffed. "Do you really think he's that selfish?"

"He was selfish enough to do it the first time."

"I'm not having this discussion right now, I need to get to class."

I let her go, I hung up, but I was still mad.