Chapter 12

"Did you kiss?"

"No."

"But you danced."

"Yep."

"For nearly twenty minutes."

"Yes."

Porsche took a sharp intake of breath.

"HOW, in the HELLO, did you not kiss!?"

"Speak a little louder, I'm sure there's someone in the building who didn't hear that," I muttered, not looking away from my laptop as I typed more lines for Double As.

Porsche groaned, flopping down onto her bed and gazing up at the ceiling. "I just don't get it."

"Uh huh," I said.

"But it's just- argh."

"It's like, a bear growl?"

"Shut up, you know what I mean."

"No, I'm pretty sure I don't."

Cue more bear growling.

"Okay, I'm going out with some other friends. If I run into Alice she'll probably get the same crap I give you," Porsche said.

"Great. I'm staying here," I replied.

"You're extremely anti social."

"And proud of it."

She sighed. "See you later."

When the door closed behind her, I let out a small sigh of my own.

Porsche was a nice person but oh my god, she could be overwhelming.

The only time she would be quiet is when she's asleep, or if she sees I'm asleep.

There was one incident she woke me up and I threw my pillow at her face, she's learnt her lesson after that.

And I don't know why I keep doing this, keep not doing anything about Alice even though I'm pretty sure it's obvious to the entire world by now I have a crush on her.

But we haven't even talked that much aside from the times we hung out.

There's just still a lot of things we haven't figured out yet, and I'm not sure if we ever will.

Oh this won't end well, I thought.