Chapter 13

Alice came knocking while Porsche was still away.

"So, Porsche texted me saying if I didn't hang out with you she'd take my favourite hoodie," she said the second I opened the door.

"And you caved into your bestie's blackmail?" I asked with a smirk, stepping aside to let her in.

She shrugged as she entered. "That's half the reason, the other half is I did want to see you and just needed an excuse so this didn't look weird, just showing up."

I sat down on my bed. "Okay, well how about if we talk? I still don't know that much about you."

She nodded and sat across from me, her usual spot on the floor from me. "The basics, I'm an only child. My mom had me in her teen years but she didn't want to give me up. There were some rough times but now she's got a well paid job and she's very happy."

"That's a good start," I said.

She laughed. "Thank you. Okay, tell me some things about you."

"Right. I have a brother Trent, and a sister Megan. Trent decided not to come with Megan and I to college, he stayed at home to chase his modelling career with his boyfriend."

"You sound very happy for them."

"Are you being sarcastic?" I asked.

She laughed once more. "Sorry. I know it came off like that. No, I'm being serious."

"Well, I miss them, but they're just so happy."

"And I take it you don't have much of a relationship with your sister?"

I sighed. "We haven't been talking much, since I found out our father wants a second chance."

"Yeah, I remember you told me about that. But at least you knew your father."

"Shit, sorry."

"I'm kidding, it's fine," she laughed. "I'm sorry, that side of me came from Porsche. My dad wanted my mom to get rid of me, but ended up showing at the first ultrasound because he was so sure after that she'd see sense. He left after she said she would keep me."

"Shit."

She laughed. "Look, it's okay. I don't know him, I'm pretty sure he doesn't know me, it's fine. And I'm happy, I have a job, I have a best friend, and I have you as a friend."

It did hurt to hear the last part. I didn't want to just be her friend, but there's this fear inside me.

The fear screams that I am not the type to do something like confess to a girl I still don't really know that I love her.

I'm not Porsche, I can't be confident and brave when I'm an anti socialite who would rather stay inside writing a fictional story about two girls falling in love when I haven't even fallen in love before myself.

Alice got up, stopping my inner dialogue from going any further.

"It was nice, talking to you."

She smiled that....that damn smile at me, and left without another word.

And all I could think was thank god Porsche isn't here to witness any of that.