Once a family always a family ❤️ ~Part 8

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I was just wondering if you wanted me to do anymore flashbacks but this time it could be in their dream or they could have a huge fight or something like that... Let me know anyway 😊💕
ENJOOOOYYYYYY!!! 😝😝💕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wilmer's P.O.V.
We've been in the hospital for an hour now, the doctor said that Gabi just fainted from shock and that she should be up in a couple hours. They gave us a private room and a sofa bed seen as though it was getting pretty late. I went and laid down for a couple minutes and began to drop off when I heard a few sniffles. "Hey, Dem? Come on, you need to get some rest." I offered out my hand and hesitated before taking it. We laid down on the small sofa bed and Demi snuggled into my chest for warmth and comfort. "You cold?" I chuckled but she just nodded sadly and wiped her eyes trying to stop the tears from falling. "Hey, don't cry. She's alright Demi. She was just overwhelmed there's nothing to worry about. She should be awake by morning. And when she's beck to herself- you know, the usual "I hate everybody and everything" Gabi..- I said, caressing her cheek softly with my hand. She nodded and smiled slightly. "There's that beautiful smile." She looked down smiling brightly and blushing. "How do you do that?" She asked looking up, the smile still planted on her face. "Do what?" I replied smiling at her. "Make me feel better after I was having a break down. You've always been able to do that. It's really annoying." She laughed. "Well I am sorry for making you smile." I responded, jokingly. "And so you should be." She smirked. "She is going to be okay, right." She asked, gazing up at me with a worried expression. "If she's anything like her mom, she'll wake up and be back on her feet in no time." I get how she's feeling. I know how her brain works and I know that she thinks that this is her fault when it is anything but. I guess it's just a motherly instinct though, to be by your child 24/7 and then if anything goes wrong you feel like its 100% your fault. "You know, I've never seen her so happy than when you've been with us. She likes seeing you for more than just a couple days a week. She misses you."

Demi's P.O.V.
Those words broke my heart. I'd been so caught up in everything what's been happening with Trey and I, I didn't even stop to think about how this would be affecting Gabi. I'm such an awful mom. How could I be so selfish? "Dem?... Demi, you okay?" Wilmer asked, sounding concerned. "What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I said with a small fake smile. "Don't lie to me. What's wrong?" I don't know what to say. If I tell him that I feel guilty for being a terrible mom, then he'll just turn around and agree with me and I don't think I could handle that. But if I lied he would know straight away. Basically, I'm fucked either way... "I-I'm sorry." I said as tears formed in my eyes. "What are you talking about? What are you sorry for?" Wilmer asked, confusion in his eyes. "Everything. For causing all this shit with Trey, for practically abandoning my own daughter because I was too self absorbed and feeling sorry for myself with what was happening in my relationship, I'm just so sorry. She deserves better. You deserve better. You both shouldn't have to deal with my shit." I sobbed. "Hey. Nothing that happened with Trey was your fault. None of it. Gabi is just scared and if I'm being honest, I am too. I'm scared that's something's going to happen to you and we'll never see you again. I'm scared that I'm gonna lose the mother of my child, I know it sounds stupid but I am really scared, Demi. But what pulls me through is knowing that we're going to get through this together. Me and Gabi are gonna stay by your side no matter what. Not because we have to, it's because we want to and we care about you. She loves you..." I knew he was telling the truth. I could just tell. Whenever he was lying his eyes would avoid mine but right now, his eyes didn't move from mine for even a second. His eyes stared into mine with so much emotion and passion. He was telling the truth. "I love you..." My eyes widened in shock and I swear my heart stopped and once again heavy tears started to fill my eyes, a few eventually falling. "I-I-I don't understand." I saidin a questioning tone and my voice shaking in shock. "Look, I know this sounds crazy, but I do. I don't get it myself but I do. And I know with what's going on right now that this isn't the right time but I needed you to know... I love you, Demi." He didn't take his eyes off me and it made me feel intimidated and under pressure. "I-I don't know what you want me to say." I said, my lip quivering and tears still in my eyes although they were no longer falling. "You don't have to say anything." I looked down fiddling with my hands, I felt one of his hands go around my waist and the other went to lift my chin up. "I've known you for over 20 years now. We fell in love, got married, had a beautiful baby girl and fell even more in love. But then we let the pressure get to us. We started to do things to make other people happy instead of ourselves, so we hurt each other, not intentionally but we still hurt each other and we let ourselves down by giving up because we didn't want to hurt each other anymore. So for once, I want us to be selfish. I want you to be selfish. I want you to tell me what you want and to do what makes you happy, because I am sick of seeing you afraid and upset all the time. This isn't you. This isn't what you deserve, you deserve happiness and a life that's yours. So Demi, tell me what you want and I'll give it to you because I love you and I want you to be happy." His eyes were sincere and he looked at me with so much hope and love that I seriously think I fell in love with him all Over again. "Be selfish." Hesitating slightly, I moved to wrap my hand around the back of his neck and placed my other softly on his cheek and brought his lips to mine. I missed this feeling. The feeling like theirs nobody around and it's just me and him and there's a million butterflies in my stomach. It's the feeling I only got when I was with him and only with him. "I love you too." I said breathlessly as I pulled away from the kiss.

Wilmer's P.O.V.
I smiled down at her lovingly and she smiled back. "So... Does this mean that we're..?" She trailed off, smirking. "Back together?? I hope so otherwise I'm gonna look like an absolute idiot pouring my heart out to you just then." I giggled and kissed her again. I could definitely get used to this. "Mom? Dad?" A sleepy voice called. Both me and Demi got out of the bed and went over to Gabi. "Hey baby, how you feeling?" Demi asked, "My head hurts a little but I'm good I guess... Will you lay with me?" Gabi asked shyly. "Of course." I helped Demi climb in the bed next to Gabi and as she settled we both smiled at each other. "What's going on?" Gabi asked confused. "What?" Demi replied in the same confused tone as Gabi. "You two. You're acting really weird." Me and Demi gave each other a look then I walked around the bed and sat down on the other side of Gabi on the bed. Demi looked at me once more and I nodded my head. "W-. Me and you da-. We're back together." I didn't know how Gabi was going to react but apparently it was pretty good as a wide and bright smile was planted on her face mirroring Demi's. "Really? You're not joking??" She asked. I shook my head and tears fell from her eyes. "Gabi? Baby what's wrong?? I thought you wanted us to get back together." Gabi giggled a bit and nodded her head. "I am. It's just... We're a real family again." She cried. "Aww baby." Demi sighed bringing Gabi into a hug. I wrapped my arms around my two girls... Finally back where we all belong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AGES AND THIS CHAPTER ISN'T THAT GOOD BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR VOTES AND COMMENTS 😊💕
~Don't forget to vote/like/comment and FOLLOW MEEEEEE!!!! 😝💕