Once a family always a family ❤️ ~Part 14

Author's Note:
Hope you enjoy 😝💕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gabi's P.o.V.
I'm so happy. My family is finally back to normal. Right now were all sat in the living room talking and catching up. I've haven't seen my mom this happy for so long.

"We should be going, it's getting late and we have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow." Dad said, before standing up and helping mom up.

"No, wait! Stay. Please?" My mom laughed at my urgency although I didn't see what was funny.

"Honey, we can't. We have an appointment tomorr-"

"But it's your birthday tomorrow." I said sadly. She looked at me sympathetically and walked up to me.

"I don't mind okay? You'll be back before you know it." She said looking me in the eyes.

"But I don't want to go anymore. I wanna stay with you. What if something bad happens and you're not there or if something happens to you and I'm not there and-"

"Gabi, breathe. Nothing bad is going to happen, everything is going to be just fine. You'll be gone for 4 days and then you'll be home." She tried, but once again I looked at her and shook my head.

"It's your birthday tomorrow, I wanna be with you." I had spent every birthday with her ever since I was born. We'd wake up in a morning, eat breakfast, she'd open up her presents and then we'd watch films until late at night and then go out for dinner and then go back home and watch even more films.

Demi's P.o.V.
"It's a tradition and I don't want to break it. It's the only thing we've kept on doing since you and dad split up. I wanna stay." I get how she's feeling, it's the only thing that's stayed constant through mine and Wilmer's break up and I didn't want to stop that, but on the other hand, I didn't want to be the one that stop the trip from happening because I know for a fact that they've all been excited to spend some time together.

"Stay." Mom said.

"What?"

"Stay. You and Wilmer. Go home, pack a couple things and come back over and then we can all spend time together without anyone missing. Then we can all celebrate your birthday together." I hesitated slightly and shook my head but before I had the chance to speak, she spoke again.

"Demi, you're part of this family, I know that for the past few years it might not have seemed like it but... I wanna make up for all the times I weren't there when you needed me. Please, just stay." I looked at Wilmer and he just shrugged as if to say it was up to me.

"Okay-"

"Yes!!" Gabi instantly ran up to me and was about to jump on me but I stopped her just in time and pointed down to my bump.

"Pregnant." I said with a smirk on my face, she pouted an settled for just a hug.

"We'll be back soon." I kissed her forehead and unravelled her arms from me before waving to everybody and me and Wilmer left for our house.

We were driving back home and we were just sat there in silence, it wasn't awkward, it was nice, it was like we didn't have to tell each other how we were feeling because in that moment we both felt the same thing: complete.

"I love you." I said, completely in my own world and just caught up in everything what's happened over the past few months.

"I love you too, Dems." His right hand was placed on my thigh and my hand was rested upon his. The rest of the drive consisted of both of us giving each other glances and smiling at each other.

"What're we gonna do about the appointment tomorrow? Are we still going or shall I call them up to reschedule?"He asked me, opening the door to help me out.