Confessional

The car ride to the motel was silent, and Y/n occasionally glanced at Johnny, who stared ahead at the endless road with a distant expression. His eyes held a far-off look, as if he couldn't quite focus. She understood that this ordeal was tearing him apart, a pain too deep for words to capture. It reminded her of a pain she had once known, a pain she thought she had left behind, but it resurfaced now, more vivid and haunting than ever before.

Johnny continued to drive down the dark, desolate road, his guilt and regret evident in his expression. "I'm sorry, y/n," he repeated, his grip on the steering wheel tightening. "I never wanted any of this to happen. I should've been more honest, I should've told you to leave."

Y/n felt a mix of emotions, from fear to anger, but she also sensed a genuine sincerity in Johnny's words. She knew that he, too, was a victim of the twisted circumstances they found themselves in.

"It's... yeah," she finally replied, her voice wavering.

They continued their journey in silence, both burdened by the weight of their shared ordeal, uncertain of what the future held for them.

Y/n's gaze was fixed on the dark, winding road ahead, searching for any sign of the neon motel beacon that should have been close by. The faint glow seeped through the dense leaves of a towering tree, casting sporadic shadows inside the car. Johnny eased off the gas pedal, their vehicle slowing to a crawl.

As they approached the motel, Y/n couldn't help but notice that Johnny had yet to steer into the parking lot. Confusion crept into her thoughts as she tried to comprehend his unexpected actions.

"This is the one," Y/n stated, her voice tinged with perplexity, her gaze locked on the motel sign that was now within view.

Johnny remained focused on the road, his hands gripping the steering wheel with determination. He chose not to respond, his silence hanging heavy in the air as he sped past the motel, leaving it behind in the rearview mirror.

A sense of disbelief washed over Y/n as the motel grew smaller in the distance. "Johnny, what the hell?" she exclaimed, her tone a mixture of frustration and bewilderment.

"We can't stay there," Johnny replied, his voice steady and resolute.

Y/n's brows furrowed in confusion, and she turned to him, seeking answers. "Why, though? We had it right there."

"We just can't," Johnny repeated, his voice unwavering in its conviction.

Johnny, his gaze fixed on the road ahead, proposed an alternative. "How 'bout we just stay in the truck for the night?"

Y/n considered his suggestion, the disappointment of losing their lodging options fading into the background. The darkness of the night outside was dotted with an array of stars, and there was a sense of isolation that had its own kind of appeal.

"Alright," she agreed, a hint of adventure glinting in her eyes as she settled back into her seat. The truck became their temporary shelter, a cocoon against the mysteries of the night.

Johnny glanced at Y/n, genuinely surprised by her agreement. He had expected a bit more resistance to the idea of spending the night in the truck.

"You're okay with that?" he asked, a hint of disbelief in his voice.

Y/n gave a half-hearted shrug. "Could be worse, right?" She tried to put on a brave face, even though the situation was far from ideal.

Johnny's truck rolled into a dense thicket of woods, the trees looming like silent sentinels in the darkness. The overhanging branches created a web of shadows, and the faint moonlight filtering through them cast eerie shapes on the forest floor. The air was thick with the scent of damp earth and decaying leaves.