16. Funny Fool

A lot had happened the night before, he had dance with Alyssa, pissed of his brother and almost kissed her. The first and second things he could process and move on from, but he had almost kissed her. Had his angry and bitter younger brother not interrupted, maybe he would be laying beside her in bed instead of fallon.

There was no doupt he thought her attractive, for that she was. But he could never love her the way she wants, and even if he did it would all go down to hell sooner or later. He touched the lose fabric on the pillow and tried to imagen her sliky hair, tried to imagen her there.

Fallon lied beside him and knew his thoughts where somewhere else, so she felt the need to change that. She had been very upset when he did not visit her the night before like he promised. She reste her head on his chest and looked up at him, but his eyes where glued to the roof.

"Why didin't you come yesterday? I waited for you". Aegon didin't want to have this conversation now, what was he suposed to say? "I was occoupied" his answer was short and cold. Fallon sat up and took his chin between her fingers, making him look at her.

"Is it your wife? is it her you where accupied with?" He only exhaled loudly, removing her hand from his face. He sat up and began to dress, he wanted to go home.

"You never liked her, never gave eny signs of affection towards her, not even when you where children. What has changed?" she asked, he heard anger in her voice, anger and desperation. He sat down beside her and cupped her face.

"Nothing has changed, it never will. I was merly occupied last night and couldn't make it, i will come tonight and make it up to you" He gave her a kiss on the for head and left without another word.

************

"I must say the Idea of a family, sounds very intressting" Joanna said. Alyssa and Joanna walked arm in arm in the gardens to embrace the last days of the sun. For soon fall would come and bring rain and orange leafs.

"It does. You are not married yet, are you?" she questioned and gave Joanna a curious look. She shook her head in a sad manner. "I am not, but i hope to be one day. Married to a good man, and to have children, meny children. What about you, Alyssa?"

"The Idea have struck me a cuples of times, but i do not expect it to enytime soon"

"I'm sure we Will soon hear good News from you and prince Aegon. At least you are married, a child will come soon. You'll see". Alyssa nodded slowly, she remembered the night before on the balcony. How close they were. The only thing that made her question his actions was that she did not now how much he had been drinking that night. Maybe that was just a drunk man's will.

Helaena came rushing towards them, she had a huge smile on her face and once she reached them she closed her arms around Alyssa. Alyssa was happy for the affection but couldn't help but feel a little confiused.

"Helaena what has happened?" she let go of her and turned to Joanna. "Could you be so kind and leave us alone for a moment?" Joanna seemed as confiused as Alyssa, if not more. She bowed to the two and left them alone.

"Helaena, what had Happened?"

"I have news, my friend. wonderful news." Alyssa waited eagrly for her to spill it but Helaena seemed to happy to even speak. What on earth could have happened to make her this estatic.

"Aly, i am with child" she announced. Alyssa's mounth opened wide. She did not know what to say or do. This was fantasic. "You, you are with. With child?" Helaena nodded and her smile grew wider. "That is wonderful News!" the pair hugged once more and laughed with joy.

"When did you find out? Does Daeron know?"

"I found out just this morning, Dareon isin't here so I'l tell him later." Alyssa was over the moon for her Dear friend. She would have a child, and it was a bit comical that she had guessed some time ago that Helaena would get her first child before her.