04

❝You threw me back into the fire

You threw me back into the fire...

—— ༻𐬽✧𐬽༺ ——

TW: blood, panic attack, mentions of an eating disorder

Wednesday 4th October, 2017

KIARA
It has been two days since I have heard from Taylor Nation. I was trying so hard not to get my hopes up about a secret session because even though Taylor herself gave me a huge hint, I couldn't help but think that I didn't deserve this and that it was probably just a misunderstanding. Why would anyone want to meet me? I have nothing. I'm just a useless orphan.

I was now on my way to school, walking down the pathways of Central Park. The group home was quite a walk away from my school, but I never wanted to get the bus because of Gracie and her friends. If I got the bus, I would have to wait at the bus stop with them every day even if we didn't get on the same bus. Gracie was three years older than me, which meant that her and her friends were in high school.

It wasn't like I hated having to walk for a while. I enjoyed the calming scenery of the park. Right now, I was scrolling through my Spotify playlist (which was all just Taylor's music), trying to find a song to listen to. I was just about to click 'Long Live' when my phone was pulled out of my hand by a guy with blonde hair. He was a lot taller than me and he had a face that I knew all too well. Gracie's boyfriend.

My heart instantly started beating faster as I noticed how his three other friends showed themselves from behind the trees. Stalker-ish much? Last time I encountered these guys it did not end well for me. I ended up having to walk into school with a black eye and a bloody nose. When I told Malakhi what had happened that day, I had to get him to swear not to tell Julie and Louis what really happened. It would just cause more trouble.

Ever since that day, I had been extra cautious about the route that I took to school. For weeks, I walked through Central Park with my hood up, looking at the ground in hopes of being able to avoid those boys. Fortunately, I found out that one of them had started dating Gracie, which meant that he and his friends started taking the bus to the high school. So why the hell were they here now?

Due to it being so early in the morning, the park was nowhere near as busy as it usually is. There is no way they would even think about beating someone up if it was later on in the day with the usual busy atmosphere. Whereas right now, it was their perfect chance.

"Please give me phone back." I tried to avoid eye contact as I knew Gracie's boyfriend was looking down at me with an irritating smirk.

"Aw, she wants her phone back." He said to his friends who were clearly all on the verge of laughing. "Alright. Here you go." He grabbed my hand tightly and placed the phone onto my palm. I was not going to be tricked anymore. I had become familiar with these tricks from my old foster family. They always acted like they were going to let me off without a punishment. But how wrong of me to believe that.