22

❝I don't quite know how to say how I feel

I don't quite know how to say how I feel...

—— ༻𐬽✧𐬽༺ ——

TW: mentions of eating disorder habits

KIARA
Obviously I expected 'the' Taylor Swift's music room to be absolutely spectacular, but walking into it for the first time, the sight completely blew me away. To a lot of people it might just look like a regular music room that you would expect to see in a lot of famous singer's houses, but coming from someone who has loved to play instruments, sing and just listen to music in general from such a young age, it looks like the best room in the world. Especially since I have never really had a chance to go further into music than I would like to. I've only been able to learn the basics of playing Louis' guitar at the group home through him teaching me himself or just simple YouTube tutorials. I've always wanted to play a piano, and i've always wanted to learn how to play an electric guitar. Now this might be my one chance to have a go.

I slowly walked in behind Taylor, taking in every inch of the room, knowing that this would probably be my only opportunity to be in a room with so many instruments for a long time - i'm going to be stuck in the group home until i'm eighteen after all. I ran my fingers over the top of the piano, looking down at the keys which caught Taylor's attention.

"You know how to play piano, buddy?" She asked, walking over to stand beside me. As I looked up at her, I slightly shook my head.

"I wish. I've always wanted to learn." I told her, looking down at the keys once again.

Taylor paused for a moment, a small smile playing on her face. "Come on then." She said, pulling the stool out from underneath the piano and sitting on it, patting the spot next to her.

"Really?" I looked at her as my eyes lit up in happiness.

"Yeah, come on. I'll teach you." She responded, lightly brushing her fingers over the keys. Not wasting another second, I walked over and sat on the stool with her.

"Alright, let's just try a song with one hand to start with, just to get the hang of which keys are which. Now, pianos basically go up in the alphabet, but only until 'G.' This is the 'A' key right here, so next, it'll be 'B' and then 'C' and so on until you get to 'G.'. Get it?" Taylor explained, pointing to each key as she said the letters. I nodded in response, keeping my eyes locked on the piano.

"Okay, I might've stalked your account when I first found you on my Instagram, and I noticed how your first song you covered on guitar was of 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol. I think we should try that one, what do you say?" She smiled, looking down at me.