08

❝All I know is I was enchanted to meet you

All I know is I was enchanted to meet you...

—— ༻𐬽✧𐬽༺ ——

Wednesday 25th October, 2017

KIARA
This is it. Today is the day that my lifelong dream would be turned into a reality. In a couple of hours, I would be in Taylor Alison Swift's living room, hearing her play her brand new album. I would be able to hug her and tell her how much she means to me. After weeks of texting her behind a phone screen, thinking that this was all a dream, I would actually be standing in front of my favourite person in less than two hours.

It was now 6:30 in the morning and here I was, pacing around in my room. In around ten minutes, my best friend and his brother would be here to drive to the bus station. That is, if Malakhi was actually able to convince his older brother.

I had been awake for half an hour. I was already dressed and had sorted everything in my backpack out. Now, the only thing I could do was wait. Luckily, the secret session was scheduled to begin quite early on in the morning, which I was thankful for. It would make it a lot easier to sneak out. Whereas, if the session begun in the afternoon, everyone in the group home would be awake. It would make it slightly more challenging to find an opportunity to leave.

The slight sound of something hitting my window instantly caught my attention. I quickly walked over to my window and opened it. It was still quite dark outside, so it was pretty difficult to see the ground due to the shadows. However, a smile was brought onto my face as soon as I was able to recognise the familiar black car that belonged to my best friend's older brother.

That smile was soon wiped off my face as I felt a small object hit my face, followed by the sound of someone's laughter. I instantly brought my hand up to my cheek and rubbed the spot that the object had hit. Turns out, Levi had thrown a pebble straight at my face. "You're such a dick!" I heard my best friend snap at his brother from where they were stood on the ground below my bedroom window.

"Aw, sorry, Kiara. Didn't see you there!" Levi joked quietly with a smug smirk on his face. He really annoys me sometimes. I suddenly picked up the pebble that was now on my bedroom floor and aimed straight for the older boy. I actually ended up hitting him straight on his chin, which even surprised me. This caused Levi to immediately move his hand to his chin whilst flipping me off with a frown. Malakhi then burst out laughing at my excellent shot.

"Nice shot! Come on, get down here! We need to go now if you wanna be at the station for seven." Malakhi told me with a wide grin still on his face. I nodded, putting my backpack on whilst stepping out of my open window. This was slightly more difficult than I thought it would be due to my hand that still had no bandage around it and which now had a huge burn mark. Conveniently, the group home had a porch, and it was right above my bedroom window which made it easier for me to climb out.