20

❝I know it's for the better

I know it's for the better...

—— ༻𐬽✧𐬽༺ ——

KIARA
I scrunched my eyes up in confusion as Taylor grabbed my hand, pulling me downstairs. Once we reached the last step, Julie walked out of the office, smiling at us. "Oh, I was just coming to find you both. Come on in." Julie stated as she held the door to the office open for Taylor and I.

Taylor looked down at me with a knowing smile before walking over to the office, her hand still grasping mine. What is actually happening? Why are they all acting so weird?

Once Taylor and I were sat down, Julie, who was opposite us, leaned forward in her seat and started talking. "Okay, Kiara, i've got a couple of things to ask you about Gracie and Amanda, but i'm gonna tell you about something else first. And don't worry, I think you'll enjoy it." She winked and glanced at Taylor for a brief second, before averting her eyes back to me.

"So, Taylor got here a couple of hours ago and told us about a few concerning things that Louis and I will absolutely be dealing with. And how at the uh- secret session? Is that what that was called? Julie squinted her eyes, tilting her head with a smile. I nodded in response, wondering what she was trying to say.

"Okay, so, at the secret session you told her about some things that have gone on between you and Gracie whilst we were away, right? And, uhm- the things that she's done before she burned your hand too?" She questioned, causing me to nod once again, my leg uncontrollably bouncing up and down. That's when Julie's smile reappeared on her face as she leaned back into her chair.

"Now, this is the part I think you'll like. Taylor filled out a few bits of paperwork while you were at school, and we've been able to come to little agreement. Louis and I think it'll be good and honestly healthy if you were able to get out of the group home for a few days - have a bit of a change and go and stay with Taylor until Sunday. How's that sound, sweetheart?"

What?

What is happening right now? Is this a dream? Am I dreaming? Is this real? I'm literally living in the exact same surreal world I was in for the lead-up to the secret session. Except this is ten times worse. There's no warning, no time to prepare, no nothing. It's just straight up: yeah, you can go and hang out with Taylor Swift for a few days. Totally normal. Anyway, why the hell would Taylor agree to this? Why would she want me to go and stay with her? Do I not stress her out enough as it is? It's going to be ten thousand times worse for her if I go and live with her until Sunday.

"Kiara?" Julie's voice pierced through my overflowing thoughts, causing my daydream to come to a pause.

"Hm?" I looked up at her, my eyes widening as I felt Taylor's gaze fall on the side of my head.