24

❝And I am your future, I am your pastNever forget that we were built to last Step out of the shadows and into my life

And I am your future, I am your past
Never forget that we were built to last
Step out of the shadows and into my life...

—— ༻𐬽✧𐬽༺ ——

TW: mentions of an eating disorder and panic attack

Friday 3rd November, 2017

KIARA
I woke up the next morning in the guest room that I had grown very familiar with. The pain from the bruise on my cheek had gone down a lot since I had the ice pack on it last night; however, my jaw still hurt. I stayed lying down while looking over at the clock that was on the wall. My eyes widened as soon as I looked at the time.

10:27am.

Shit. I'm late. What the fuck am I going to do? I still don't know the way to school from here so I can't just walk there now. Is Taylor going to be mad that I didn't get up in time?

"Hey, buddy. Did you sleep okay?" Taylor's voice then caught my attention, causing me to avert my eyes over to the doorway, where she was stood. I sat up and fidgeted with the bandage on my hand.

"I- uh-" I tried to find the right words. How could I ask her to drive me to school? What if she has better things to do?

"What's the matter?" She asked, walking over to the bed and sitting down on it.

"Would it be okay if you drove me to school? I-" I tried to ask; however, was quickly cut off.

"No." That was all Taylor said in response. I swallowed the lump in my throat and kept tugging at the bandage on my hand out of nervousness. Was she mad? That sounded mad. She's mad that I didn't get up. You're so stupid, Kiara. Why did you think that she would actually drive you all the way to school when it's up to you to get up on time. Just because she woke you up once doesn't mean she's going to do it all the time. This is on you. It's your fault.

Taylor reached her hand out and stopped me from tugging on the bandage. "Honey, if you think I'm gonna let you go back to that school after what happened yesterday, you're sorely mistaken. I called the group home last night and they're completely fine with you having today off. They said they're going to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm not exactly sure what they'll do, but all I want you to do now is just relax."

I just nodded slightly and kept my eyes locked on the blanket on the bed. She's not making me go to school? Why does she prove me wrong on literally everything i'm expecting her to do?