Chapter 1 : A Sudden Departure

Vera had always been captivated by the enchanting world of Harry Potter. As an avid reader, she had lost count of how many times she had delved into the pages of J.K. Rowling's magical tales. The novels had been her refuge during long, lonely nights, offering her a comforting escape from the mundanity of her own life.

On a seemingly ordinary evening, as Vera sat curled up in her cozy armchair with the familiar weight of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in her hands, a strange sensation overcame her. It was as if the room itself had shifted, and the words on the pages danced before her eyes. The soft glow of her reading lamp took on an ethereal quality, casting an otherworldly light in her room.

Vera's heart raced as an inexplicable force enveloped her. Her grip on the book tightened as she gasped, feeling herself being pulled into the story, into a swirling vortex of colors and sensations. Panic welled up inside her as she tried to make sense of the chaos around her. It was as if she were being torn apart and put back together all at once.

And then, just as suddenly as it had begun, the swirling madness ceased, leaving Vera disoriented and trembling. She found herself lying on the cold, damp ground, the familiar weight of the book still in her hand. But something was undeniably different. The air smelled strange, and she could hear the distant hoot of an owl.

Slowly, Vera pushed herself up and looked around. She was no longer in her small apartment, but in a dense, dark forest. Her heart pounded in her chest as she realized the impossible: she had been transported into the world of Harry Potter.

Confusion and disbelief washed over her, but before she could fully grasp the enormity of the situation, a chilling realization struck her like a bolt of lightning. She wasn't herself anymore. Her body felt different, and when she touched her face, she felt the unmistakable contours of glasses. Panic set in as she stumbled to her feet, disoriented and frightened.

"Vera!" she heard a distant voice call, but it was too late. In the dim moonlight filtering through the trees, Vera watched in helpless horror as a blinding flash of green light illuminated the night, followed by a deafening silence. She had no time to react as her vision dimmed, and darkness swallowed her whole.

Vera's world went black, and as her consciousness slipped away, the last thought that crossed her mind was the chilling realization that she had just witnessed her own death.

Little did she know that her journey was far from over.