Chapter 11 : The First Day of Classes

The sun rose over Hogwarts Castle, casting a golden glow across its ancient walls. Maia woke up with a sense of excitement bubbling inside her. Today was the first day of classes, and she couldn't wait to explore the magical subjects that Hogwarts had to offer.

Hermione already waiting. They chatted excitedly over breakfast, their voices echoing through the Gryffindor common room.

"I heard we have Potions first," Hermione said, her eyes sparkling with scholarly eagerness.

Ron groaned playfully. "I hope Professor Snape doesn't turn us into cauldron bottoms."

Harry grinned, sipping his pumpkin juice. "At least we have Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Quirrell later. I've heard he's quite the character."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Fred and George Weasley, who had an impish glint in their eyes.

"Morning, everyone!" Fred greeted with a grin.

"Ready for some mischief today?" George added.

Maia chuckled, her anticipation for the day growing. "Absolutely. What do you have in mind?"

The twins exchanged a secretive look before Fred produced a small box. "Skiving Snackboxes," he said with a wink. "The ultimate tool for some harmless pranks. Just don't tell anyone we gave them to you."

Maia accepted the box, her eyes alight with mischief. "Our lips are sealed."

With the promise of some fun mischief ahead, the group of friends made their way to their first Potions class, their excitement and curiosity building with every step. As they entered the dungeon-like classroom, Maia couldn't help but wonder what magical concoctions and challenges awaited them on this, the beginning of their journey through the enchanting world of Hogwarts.