Chapter 10 : The Hogwarts Experience

The Hogwarts Express barreled through the scenic landscape, and inside their compartment, Maia and Harry eagerly discussed their expectations about the magical world. The compartment door slid open, revealing Ron Weasley, a tall boy with vibrant red hair, and Hermione Granger, a studious-looking girl with bushy hair.

"Hi there! First years, right?" Ron greeted, a friendly smile on his face.

"That's us," Harry replied, shaking Ron's hand. "I'm Harry, and this is my sister, Maia."

Hermione extended her hand as well. "Hermione Granger. Pleased to meet you."

Their conversation turned to magical creatures and favourite subjects, and just as the train slowed down, the door opened again. In walked Draco Malfoy, his posture haughty and his eyes scanning the compartment with calculated interest.

"Malfoy," he introduced himself coolly, nodding to Maia and Harry.

"Maia," Maia said, sizing him up with a raised eyebrow. "And this is Harry."

The tension in the compartment was palpable, but before anyone could say another word, the train came to a complete stop. The new arrivals shared a few more words, each sizing up the others. Draco's silver eyes met Maia's briefly, a silent challenge passing between them.

With their trunks in tow, the first-years made their way to the castle. As they entered the Great Hall, Maia's eyes widened at the sheer grandeur of the place. The Sorting Hat's song echoed through the hall, and the Sorting Ceremony commenced. One by one, students were sorted into their respective houses.

Amidst the nervous tension, a pair of mischievous redheads caught Maia's eye. Fred and George Weasley, identical twins with matching grins, winked at her from the Gryffindor table. With a swift, casual wave, they conjured a small shower of colorful sparks that danced above their heads.

Maia couldn't help but chuckle, appreciating their playful spirit. It was a brief but fun interaction that added a touch of excitement to the already magical atmosphere of the Sorting Ceremony. She glanced back at Fred and George, who raised their eyebrows suggestively, promising endless adventures and mischief at Hogwarts.

When it was finally her turn, Maia took a deep breath and placed the Sorting Hat on her head. After a moment of consideration, it called out, "Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table erupted into cheers, and Maia made her way to her newfound friends, Ron, Hermione, and Harry, with a triumphant smile. She glanced across the room, locking eyes with Draco, who had been sorted into Slytherin. There was a glimmer of acknowledgment in his gaze, a silent recognition of their shared journey into the wizarding world.

The castle was now her home, and as the Sorting Hat had declared, Gryffindor was her family. With newfound friends and the promise of endless magical adventures, Maia eagerly awaited the start of her Hogwarts journey, ready to embrace the challenges and wonders that lay ahead.