Chapter 15 : The Quidditch match

The Quidditch season was in full swing, and Gryffindor was gearing up for their first match against Slytherin. Maia's nerves were on edge, her stomach a bundle of knots as the match approached. The weight of the impending game settled heavily on her shoulders, amplifying her apprehension.

As they made their way to the pitch, Snape's unexpected well-wishing did little to ease Maia's anxiety. She managed a feeble smile, but her focus was shattered by her nerves. Harry's glare at Snape's retreating form didn't go unnoticed. Ron, always observant, pointed out Snape's limp, fueling Harry's suspicions about the Potions Master.

Once on the field, Wood, their determined captain, rallied the team with his pre-match pep talk. Fred and George, ever the jesters, teased Wood about his speech, but the intensity of the moment wasn't lost on anyone. Maia felt a mix of excitement and fear as she mounted her Nimbus Two Thousand, her heart pounding in her chest.

Madam Hooch's whistle pierced the air, and the match began. Gryffindor and Slytherin clashed in a whirlwind of action. Lee Jordan's commentary painted a vivid picture of the game unfolding below, with Maia in the thick of it as she made her mark as a chaser. Gryffindor's goals were met with thunderous cheers, and Maia's excitement soared as she scored her first goal, the exhilaration eclipsing her initial nervousness.

However, amid the game's intensity, a dark plot was unfolding. Harry's broom started jerking uncontrollably, a dangerous situation that Maia couldn't ignore. Her eyes darted toward the stands, where she spotted Quirrell, muttering under his breath. A sinking feeling settled in her stomach as she realized he was behind Harry's perilous situation. In a swift move, Hermione intervened, setting Snape's robes on fire to distract Quirrell. But, to Maia's confusion, Hermione fled the scene after her daring act, leaving the flames unchecked.

Worried for Harry, Maia screamed to get Snape's attention. "PROFESSOR SNAPE! YOU ARE ON FIRE!" she yelled, emphasizing the urgency of the situation. The chaos that ensued drew the spectators' attention, allowing Harry to regain control and, ultimately, catch the Golden Snitch.

After the match, the trio confronted Hagrid about Fluffy, the three-headed dog guarding something secret. Hermione and Maia vehemently argued that Snape was responsible for the jinx on Harry's broom, but Hagrid staunchly defended his colleague, dismissing their accusations.

The heated discussion continued among the trio, with Maia frustrated at Hermione's unwavering belief in Snape's malevolence. Tension simmered between them as they clashed over their interpretations of the events, each refusing to back down. The debate lingered, their friendship tested by their differing perspectives on Snape's intentions.

In the midst of this uncertainty, Maia felt a deepening divide, unsure how to bridge the gap between their conflicting beliefs.