Chapter 4: Maia's Unveiling Vocabulary

As the days rolled on, Maia, trapped in the body of a one-year-old with the mind of a fifteen-year-old, found her home to be a cocoon of warmth and affection. Her parents, James and Lily, fussed over her endlessly, while the Marauders brought a sprinkle of mischief and laughter to the household.

One sunny morning, bathed in the soft morning light, Maia sat amidst her pile of toys, her sharp mind far surpassing her tiny form. Lily watched with a knowing smile, aware of the curious blend of wisdom and youth that resided within her daughter.

Meanwhile, in the corner of the room, James and the Marauders indulged in a passionate discussion about the nuances of Quidditch, when Sirius, ever the show-off, decided to transform into his animagus form—a sleek, black dog known as Padfoot.

Maia had always found his antics amusing. She watched him with a raised eyebrow as he wagged his tail and pranced over to her. Inwardly, she couldn't help but roll her eyes at the theatrics.

"Padfoot," Maia declared, her tone dripping with sarcasm, as if stating the obvious. It was her first word, and she couldn't resist adding some snark to it.

Lily's eyes shimmered with pride and joy, but Maia was quick to follow up with a thought that reflected her teenage mentality. Poor Mum, my first word is a dog's name. Just her luck.

James, on the other hand, couldn't hide his delight. He swept Maia into his arms, beaming with pride. "You've got quite the sense of humor, don't you, sweetheart?"

The Marauders, never ones to let a moment go to waste, erupted in cheers, patting Sirius on the back for his canine charm. Remus shared in the amusement, while Peter, feeling somewhat out of the loop, attempted to muster enthusiasm despite the feeling that he'd missed out on the joke.

From that day on, Sirius became Maia's loyal companion, her protector against the uncertain future that she, with her unique knowledge, was all too aware of. As she continued to grow, her snarky commentary on life in the magical world would keep everyone on their toes, adding a touch of teenage mischief to their adventures.