Chapter 6 : The Fateful Night

The night had fallen over Godric's Hollow, and the Potter household stood cloaked in an eerie silence, shrouded by the looming darkness. The air was tense with an unspoken dread. Baby Harry lay sleeping peacefully in his crib, unaware of the turmoil that surrounded him.

Voldemort, the embodiment of fear, glided through the wreckage of the house, his chilling presence suffocating. He approached the nursery, his malevolence palpable. Lily Potter stood protectively in front of Harry, her wand raised and eyes filled with courage.

But there was another presence in the room—an infant in the adjacent crib. Maia, Harry's twin sister, lay awake, her wide eyes fixed on the intruder. She couldn't comprehend the intricacies of the situation, but the knowledge of the future weighed heavily on her infantile consciousness.

Voldemort's cold, high-pitched laugh filled the room as he raised his wand, aiming it at Lily. She deflected the first curse with all her strength, but she couldn't hold him off for long. The Dark Lord's next curse struck her, and Lily fell to the ground, her sacrifice etching a protective barrier of love around Harry.

In the midst of this chaos, Maia cooed softly, her small hand reaching out to touch her brother's cheek. Her eyes, somehow wise beyond her years, conveyed a deep understanding of the tragedy that was unfolding. She knew the future, and she knew that this night would forever change their lives.

Voldemort turned his attention to baby Harry, his wand pointed directly at the defenseless child. But just as he prepared to utter the curse, Maia's tiny voice, laced with an eerie sense of knowledge, filled the room.

"Stop."

Voldemort paused, his red eyes narrowing as he regarded the infant girl. There was something about her tone, a certain knowing, that gave him pause.

Voldemort hesitated for a moment, the centuries-old fear within him momentarily subdued by the inexplicable presence of this baby with eyes that seemed to hold the weight of the world.

And then, as suddenly as he had arrived, Voldemort disappeared, leaving behind only the echoes of his malevolent laughter.

The room fell into a solemn stillness, broken only by Maia's innocent cooing. The twins, Harry and Maia, lay side by side, their destinies forever altered on this fateful night.