Book Three: 5

Throughout the entire week after Christmas, Serena kept herself opened to whatever Ciel or Ian would do to get her attention or heart. Ciel was rather quiet the entire week, unlike Ian who would come to her work place and talk to her. Even go as far as walking her home so she'd be safe on her way home. As it came to be New Years eve Justina had invited both males over and she could instantly tell that there was tension between the two males as they sat on either side of Serena.

Throughout the entire night Justina placed both of the males on tests to see if they even gave a damn truly about Serena. Which Serena knew about, and approved of, she wanted to see just what was the best option for her. It was obvious that Ciel never grew out of his spoiled brat phase. Ian on the other hand seemed to have matured over the time that Justina knew him for.

As it got close to midnight Justina took Serena into the kitchen away from the two males. "Don't fall for Ciel's bull shit..anyways I know a way to take him home. He isn't completely stuck here."

Serena's eyes lit up. "You can take him back?!"

"Mhm, I'm going to do that when it turns to midnight. So stay with Ian alright?"

Serena nodded her head and the two of them went into the living room, Justina went to take Ciel back home as it turned midnight, as it did Serena looked to Ian and kissed his cheek which shocked him as they both saw a large white flash from the floor. "What the hell was that?"

"Justina placing Ciel back where he belongs, meaning you have me all to yourself if you want me."

He grinned and cupped her face before he kissed her on the lips, she kissed him back before he pulled away. "Serena, I love you. Will you do me the honors of marrying me?"

Serena nodded her head. "Yes, I would love that Ian!"

After that evening, Serena quit her job working as a waitress with Justina and Emily as she began to live a comfortable life with Ian. The two of them got married in April and after then lived a comfortable and happy life together, that was until Lucas and his parents found out where Ian had gone off to and found out that Serena had ended up marrying Ian in the end. Lucas found with Ian about the fact that he had betrayed the fact that they were brothers just to get to Serena, only for Serena to get between them and be frank with Lucas about how Ian was the better of the two of them since Ian didn't kill her father-unlike him. She wasn't going to marry or be in a relationship with someone who had killed the only good parent she had.

Lucas went straight for Serena only for Ian to have his security guards to get rid of his parents and brother to protect Serena. Once they were gone Ian hugged Serena tightly and made sure that she was alright before he realized that she felt uncomfortable with him having his arms around her. "Serena...are you okay?"

"I'm fine...just...I have a question for you."

"If it's about us being a family-did you really think that I made you sore throughout our honeymoon and even after that for nothing?" Ian asked raising an eyebrow at her "I told you that I'd be taking good care of you and I meant that beautiful."

Serena blinked her eyes a few times before she averted her eyes. "Well...I'm pregnant."

Ian made her look at him before he kissed her on the lips. "I'm happy to hear that, when you start to show more I don't want you to over do yourself. I want you to stay as healthy as possible for both you and our child."

Serena nodded her head as she looked at him sadly. "O..okay."

After that day Ian kept his eyes on Serena when he wasn't working, when they were able to find out the gender they found out that it was a male. When they found that out Ian already knew what name he wanted to have for their child and even talked about it to Serena when they got home. Hearing that Ian wanted to name their child after the name of her father, it made her tear up and want to cry. She loved the idea of naming their child after her father, so when their child was born they indeed named their child Mark. 

-end-