𝐓𝐓𝐒 $ 𝟎𝟏

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐞 "𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢" 𝐇𝐲𝐝𝐞, 𝟏𝟖

     I came out from the bus crying, walkin down the neighborhood to my house

     I came out from the bus crying, walkin down the neighborhood to my house. Shit wasnt even supposed to be like that, Kaylani didn't even want to hear me out. Plus both of us was in the wrong, not just me.

     Before i came into my house, i wiped my tears away and opened the door. Momma was waitin for me. "Welcome back Rae, how was school?"

     "It was good."

     "Any tests?" my mother asked.

     "Nah, just practice. The test is this Friday."

     "Okay, you know the deal. Before you do any work make sure you shower and eat! Don't forget I'm driving you to your tutor tonight and you're taking an uber back home."

     "Damn," i whispered to myself. "I forgot todays my first day."

     "Yep, be sure to tell him everything you learned about and what you're struggling with. Cause you know i did not pay 500 dollars a month for nothing."

     "Okay okay." I went upstairs to my room and set my bag down, put all of my clothes in the laundry basket and took my shower.

———

     "Bye mom, don't worry i'll be good." I dressed comfy but at the same time i dressed cute. You know us girls gotta look nice for every occasion!

     I walked up the steps, and knocked on the door. Ian gon lie, this is a realll suburban neighborhood, so I just know my tutor white. 

     Ian hatin tho.

     Just then,  a dark-skinned man that looks like he in his early 40s opens the door, and my mom pulls out of the driveway.

     "Welcome, is your name Desarae Hyde?"

     "Yes sir," I answers. Always gotta have my manners.

    "Okay, welcome to my home," he gave me a warm smile. "You can follow me."

    "Thanks," i said. Inside his house was even better, was very decorated nicely.

     I was following him when a tall boy came out from a room from the hallway. "Dad i'm finna head to the deli and get myself a carry out. You want sum?"

     "Yea, grab me somethin thats good."

     "Oh thats yo new student?" He made eye contact with me but I immediately broke it. Ion need some nigga thats starin into my soul. But hey, ian gon lie. He's fineee! I love me some a.t.l. niggas, yenam sayin?

     "Yea, her name is Desarae."

     "Oh she look familair. Ionk but i gotta bounce."

     "Okay." he turned to me. "I'm so sorry, also you can call me Mr. Rawls."

     "Okay and its alright."

———

     I was calling an Uber but nothing was popping up.

     "Man why the fuck this gotta happen," I said. I was outside, standing on the porch when the tutor's son came out. Damn...with his fine ass. Everything about him is so....

     Immaculate 😍

     "You needa ride o sum?"

     "Nah i'm good." I forgot a jacket and i was over here shivering like a motha fucka.

     "You sho? Cs I'm oer hea lookin at yo phone and shit aint poppin up."

       I didn't know what to say to that.

     I looked at him and we locked eyes for a second, but I broke it. "S-sorry. And yes I do think i need a ride."

     "Aight. Pop in yo addy." He handed me his phone and I typed in my house address. He opened the garage and a hellcat was waiting to be drivin in. "Please be careful cs my shit was expensive."

     "Umm okay..." Not like i was gonna do anything. I sat in the car and it smelled like weed, not too much tho.

     He turned on the radio and soft hiphop instrumentals were playing while he drove in silence. Shit was buggin me cs i listen to new york drill music, not trap. 

     But whatever.

     I turned to look at him, with his left hand on the drivin wheel and his left in his dreads. Damn he's fineeee. But he also look familiar!

     I guess i slept off and he woke me up. "Ay Desarae, we hea."

     "Oh damn, I'm sorry. I ain't mean to-"

     "It's aight." Damn why he keep interrupting me? Nigga got no respect. I got my stuff and got out his car. Immediately I stepped out the car he didn't move. I turned back, and he was still there.

     "I'm makin sure you get in da house safe," he yelled from his car window.

     I did a big smile and I yelled back "okay". As soon as I went inside my house, i saw him start to pull out.

     And yea, he can also pull out on me if he wanna. LIKE HE IS SOOO FINEE. He said i look familiar, ima see if he go to my school tomorrow .