𝐓𝐓𝐒 $ 𝟎𝟐

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐞 "𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢" 𝐇𝐲𝐝𝐞, 𝟏𝟖

     I woke up today, got ready for school and got my outfit for the day

      "Amarachi! Is you done," my older brother, Daniel, yelled from downstairs. He's driving me to school today cause he gon get me zome Zaxby's.

     "Yes yes, I'm coming." I grabbed my bookbag and my phone and took a few pictures and went downstairs.

     I got into his Jeep in the garage. "Who you dressed up fo," he asked.

     "Whatchu mean?"

     "You js look special today."

     I never really get compliments from big bro...cs he mostly sayin mean stuff. "Oh for real?"

     "Yea...special."

     I punched his shoulder. "Damn you outta keep yo hands to yo self. Almost made me hit the fuckin curb."

     We arrived in the Zaxby's drive through and i ordered my usual house salad and with fries. Yall cant forget the chicken, I be tearin the shit UP.

     "Remember yo brackets. Break 2 more , thats 100 bucks plus yo braces comin off."

     "Bro chicken wont mess it up, and stop reminding me about the money. Not like you providin them."

     "Bye Amara. Go to school love you." He practically pushed me out of the car.

     "And fuck you too," I said. I walked up the stairs into campus when I say Kaylani in a circle. Usually i'll go there and hug her and we'll go on with the rest of our day, but i guess not anymore. 

     I usually tell her about crushes and stuff, but I guess that not a thing anymore.

    I turned on my phone to check my notifications but i suddenly bumped into someone.

     "Damn Desarae." I recognized that voice somewhere.

     I looked up and it was the tutor's son. "Oh, my bad."

     "You straight."

     Ian know what to say, so i just stood there.

     "Umm.. okay. Wait um what's your name, i've never got it."

     "Jesse but they call me Gelato."

      "Oh. Why?"

     "Cause...i be always doin then." He smiled showing them perfect ass teeth. 

     "Oh okay ... don't expect me to call you gelato cs ionk you like that." That wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth. This why ion be sayin shit.

     The bell rang and he was about to say something but we had to go cs of tardy sweeps.

     "Jayda...Why you wrote that on my bag," I said.

     She wrote "dick" on my bookbag and i wrote "DayDay was here" over it. She over there laughing her ass off.

     "Your face!...."

      "Okay you can shut up now. I got something to-"

     "Bro Desarae we need to talk." It was lunch period and I couldve sworn Kaylani didn't want to be associated to me. Jayda and I shared a look. I followed Kaylani down the hall and into an empty classroom.

     Inside was Gelato and some other kids. Immediately I set foot inside the classroom and brought the foot back outside. I can't go into a room with someone i'm falling for. It just doesn't feel right.

     "Bro what was that about. Go in. We need to talk."

     "Why they there tho?"

     "So my friends can't be in there? They're not even gonna be in our conversation."

       My heart starting beating as i went into the room with Lani. Gelato and around 4 other boys were in the classroom and they're heads turned to us.

     I sat down with Lani in a corner and we both started talking.

     "Mommy guess what."

     "Hmm?" She was cooking stuff up in the pot, which smelled like jellof rice. Hey, i'm nigerian so this the stuff I like to eat.

     I set my bookbag down and said, "I got a 90 on my math test."

     She dropped the spoon in the pot. "Damn. YOU SAID WHAT?"

      "I GOT A 90 ON MY MATH TESTTT!"

     "Amarachi...you did?"

     "Yes. Its in the grade book."

     She started doing her lil dancy dance. "We have to celebrate."

✧     

     "See, all of this work helped. I'm happy that you made that 90," Mr. Rawls said. "Do you know what this taught you?"

     "Yea," I said. "I need to devote time into the things that are hard, cs you caint expect stuff to be easy."

     "That's right! I need to pick my son up, it'll be like an hour, but  I wont charge your mother."

     Damn. "Okay." As soon as he left, Gelato came into the dining room. 

     "I heard you got that 90," he went into the fridge and grabbed a coke.

     "Yea I did." When i'm around Gelato i tend to not speak. I just looked down at the table .

     "What, you shy o sum?"

     "No, you didnt say anything else so theres nothing for me to say."