Bus trip confessions

After waiting in line for an eternity and handing their luggage to the bus driver who looked like he didn't get paid enough, the group boarded the bus. On one side of the bus were three seats in a row while the other side had two. Rui and Nene sat together While Ena and Mizuki sat in seats directly next to them on the other side. They leaned back in their seats thinking they could finally relax, but then they heard a voice.

??- Rui! Wait!!
Everyone's heads turned as they heard the ridiculously loud exclamation. Rui looked up to see someone rushing into the bus and approaching him. As he came closer it became more clear that the pedestrian was in fact Rui and Nenes "good friend" Tsukasa Tenma.

T- Rui! You said you would sit with me!!
R-Did I? Whoops
R-Well I think there will be a bathroom break in the middle of the trip so how about we can do a little swap then.
T- fine, I guess I'll just practice my lines in the seats behind you.
N- Oh no.. This is gonna be a long journey.

Rui pov:
Nene and I chatted together with Tsukasas voice in the background. I felt so happy just sitting next to her. After a while we started admiring the view outside the dirty bus windows. As you, dear reader, probably expected, she fell asleep. "Girly that's the second day in a row you have fallen asleep in my presence" I thought. "Must have been watching too much anime late at night." From the scenery outside the window, to the feeling of her abnormally warm hands resting on mine, I felt so content and at peace. I never wanted this moment to end.

Mizuki pov:
While talking with Ena I looked over at Rui and Nene and saw that Nene was asleep on him. I noticed that he could hardly take his eyes off of her and had a very happy and excited look on his face. I pointed this out to Ena.

E- the way he looks at her is kinda suspicious... Do you think maybe he has a crush on her?
M- He does talk about her a lot, maybe we should ask him.
E- Do you really think he would just tell you?
"Well it's worth a try!" I said as I leaned over towards him.
M- sooo rui, Ena and I were just wondering if you maybe kinda have a crush on Nene?
R- affirmative.
M- okay thank you!
I turned back to Ena
M- See I knew he would tell us!
E- He really just told you that easily-?
M- I guess so... I'm just that trustworthy!
E- That's definitely not the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about you..
M- ANYWAYS Now all we need to do is ask Nene the same question and then we can set them up!
E- you know what, I'm too tired to argue with you.

Nene Pov:
I opened my eyes expecting to be in my bed, but instead of my head being on a pillow, it was resting on Ruis shoulder. I felt so embarrassed that I didn't even look over at him, I just turned back to the window. I could almost hear him thinking "finally" as I stared at the KFC sign outside the window. My procrastinating was interrupted by the teacher telling the students that it was now time for the bathroom break. Tsukasa got up so fast that there was a little "Whoosh" sound, like when you play badminton and hit the shuttle cock really fast.

R- I'm really sorry Nene, but, a promise is a promise.
N- it's fine..

But it was not fine. I had no idea where I would sit as there were no seats where I could sit by myself. Mizuki and Ena must've noticed my panic because they invited me to sit with them. I went over to sit with them and they seemed really excited about it. After some time we started discussing our dorm rooms.

M- I'm so glad we're all in the same dorm plus An.
E- same, I was so scared we would be stuck with someone who ruins the entire group.
N- I'm happy too, but I kinda wish Rui could be in our dorm...
M- you like Rui just that much huh
N- well I've known him since I was 4 and it feels like he's the only one who really understands me.
M- hmm.. would you say you maybe even have feelings for him..?
N- what kind of question is that??
M- C'moon! We're trustworthy aren't we?
N- I literally just met you.
M- Freinds, friend of a friend, it's basically the same thing, right?
N- *Sigh* I guess... I guess I kinda do feel a bit different when I'm around him... I-I always feel butterflies in my stomach.

I stared at the ground because I knew my face was bright red. Why did I say that..? I guess that was how I felt, but surely I didn't have feelings for him.. right? I was too scared to look up, but I could hear them whispering about something. They probably thought I was weird.

Mizuki Pov:
*Whispering*
M- Ena I knew it!! Isn't this great news? Now we can set them up together!!
E- I guess it is pretty great, but you need to be more careful asking these questions, what if someone doesn't like them back and then you'll seem really weird for asking..
M- okay I'll be more careful in the future, but it worked out this time so just be happy for now.
Nene pov:
Eventually (After nearly 15 minutes) I got over it and chatted normally to Ena and Mizuki. Surprisingly they didn't bring it up even once and you wouldn't have known it had even happened. It was fun getting to know them and their personalities and I was less worried about not being with Rui.