A Ship Sets Sail on a Sea of a Thousand Flowers

Ena pov:
We scrambled through the door and into the bathroom, collapsing onto the floor and leaning up against the wall. I had to catch my breath and I had a weird feeling in my stomach.
M- I can't believe it..! I mean, I knew they were in love, but I didn't think they would confess so soon! Right, Ena?

I could hear Mizukis voice speaking directly to me, but for some reason I couldn't hear a word they were saying. I was completely zoned out and I tried so hard to zone back in,  but my mind was too focused on something else. I couldn't keep my eyes off Mizuki. Their light pink hair tied into a messy bun, their My Melody themed pyjamas, and their piercing, rose quarts eyes glimmering with hope and passion. Despite not paying attention to what Mizuki was saying, their melodic voice echoed through my brain like rain outside your window the night before an exciting event. Why was I feeling like this..? Obviously I had already had slight feelings towards Mizuki, but why were they so strong tonight..? Suddenly, I heard Mizukis tone change.

M- Ena..? Are you okay..?
E- hm? Oh yeah, I'm fine..
M- Are you sure..? You seem to be thinking really deeply about something.
E- oh uhm, yeah... I just have something on my mind is all.
M- Do you wanna talk about it? I'm always here you know.
E- Well... I guess I could talk about it, if you don't mind..
M- I don't mind one bit! Go ahead~
I took a deep breath and paused for a moment. Was this really a good idea..?  But I already captured Mizukis attention, I guess it's too late now.

E- This is quite out of the blue, but do you ever just.. do you ever just feel different when you're with a specific person..? Like, they give you butterflies and you feel so comfortable, but also so uncomfortable at the same time...
M- *gasp* So who's the lucky person Ena?
E- I'm not telling you that! But what if that specific person was also a close friend of yours and you didn't want to ruin your friendship? What would you do on that situation?
M- Hmm... If it were me, I'd think it would be best to just tell the truth. There's no point in keeping these feelings all to yourself, and who knows, that person might just like you back~ Besides, even if they don't, you can always stay friends!

Mizuki pov:
No no no no no... This can't be happening... I mean, I knew that Ena would find someone she liked eventually, but did it have to happen so soon..? I couldn't help but feel a smidge of anger building up inside me. Why can't I just be happy for her?! I should've known Ena wouldn't like me... I tease her all the time and... and I'm just a horrible person.. Not to mention I can't even tell her my secret even after all this time. She's always so worried about me and I treat her like this...

Ena pov:
"It's best to just tell the truth" those words lingered in my mind. Would we really be able to stay friends if Mizuki didn't feel the same..? I sat silently for a moment, debating if this was really a good idea or not. I mean, it was rare for Mizuki and I to have time alone like this.. Granted, we were on the floor of a bathroom at a campsite, but there was no other time where it was just us. Just us and no one else... My heart beat faster thinking about... being with Mizuki.. Was this really okay? Was it really okay for me to be in love with someone I met online..? I always act like I hate it when Mizuki makes jokes about me, but deep down.. Anytime I'm even in their presence, I get butterflies. I feel so comfortable around Mizuki, yet also so uncomfortable because I'm not sure if they feel the same way towards me. I suddenly started talking on impulse and I couldn't control the words that came out.

E- You said I should just tell that person how I feel, right?
M- Mhm! Find the right timing and just tell them exactly how you feel!
E- Well... with that being said...

I took a deep breath. I was really about to do this..!

I looked into Mizukis eyes and with a sudden burst of serotonin, I reached out for their face and brought our lips together, initiating a kiss. As soon as I pulled out, tears filled my eyes. Why did I do that..? Why did I have to ruin two years worth of friendship in less than 20 seconds?