Tears at the dinner table

Nene Pov:
After a quick shower back at the dorms and changing into different clothes, it was finally time for dinner. Me, Ena, Mizuki and An made our way over to the dining hall and sat at our usual spot next to Rui and the others.
An- Since I sat with the girls at breakfast, you can sit with them now Rui!
R- No, it's alright. You have more fun with them anyways.
Of course he didn't want to sit with us. It's all because of me. I knew he would never talk to me again.

After we had all gotten our food, everyone started having so much fun chatting together. I wasn't in the mood for talking, so I sat there thinking about what I had done. I had already been thinking about the situation the entire day, but I still couldn't take my mind off of it. How could I not forget about it? Maybe it's because I ruined our entire friendship that we had been building up for over a decade? I've been holding back tears the entire day, but I just couldn't keep it in any longer. I felt heavy tears escaping from my eyes and I tried to be as unnoticeable as possible, but the other three noticed straight away.

M- Nene! Are you okay?
N- *crying*
E- Just calm down... can you tell us what happened?
I drank some water and tried to slow my tears. I really wanted to tell someone about what had happened and I knew these three would help me. I trusted them.

I tried to be quiet as I explained in between tears what had happened. I told them how I felt like it was all my fault and that he would never talk to me again. An who was sitting next to me brought me into a tight hug.
M- That's horrible! But it's definitely not your fault.
N- But I don't want Rui to feel like it's his fault...
M- Would you like us to talk to him?
N- But what if that just makes it worse!?
M- You and I both know that he is very understanding. He's probably upset about it as well so I'm sure it will be okay.
N- Maybe.. but don't do it now
M- okay maybe we should do it during the movie later tonight.
N- Okay..
E- Well everything will be okay so just enjoy the rest of the night and when you wake up everything will be all better.
N- Okay I'll try...

Rui pov:Everyone else was smiling and laughing while sat there holding back tears

Rui pov:
Everyone else was smiling and laughing while sat there holding back tears. This stupid little situation was all I could think about for the entire day. It was just making itself comfortable in my mind, leaving its dirty clothes and dishes everywhere, rent free. I wish everything would just go back to normal!
I looked up from my plate for a moment and my eyes were aligned with Nenes table. Everyone was comforting and hugging her as she cried her heart out. What have I done..? WHAT HAVE I DONE. My eyes widened and tears started falling down my cheeks (NOT THE ASS).

A- huh..? Rui, are you okay?
I quickly wiped the tears with my sleeve.
R- I'm fine.. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom really quick.
A- oh okay...

I speed-walked to the bathrooms and went into one of the stalls. I sat there processing everything. So many tears flooded my face that I would probably need to eat 3 spoonfuls of salt to make up for it. What do I do..? I don't have anyone to talk to about it because the boys aren't really... trustworthy. Maybe I should talk to Mizuki, but would they think I'm weird like everyone else? In middle school, they were the only one besides nene who understood me. Maybe mizuki would be my best bet. I cried some more when I heard the door handle turn. "AH SHIT" I thought in my head as I quickly wiped my tears and tried to stay quiet. "Is someone crying?" Said a random voice. I stayed quiet and lifted my feet up for good measures. I was in there for 10 minutes awkwardly sitting waiting for them to leave. I stayed for two more minutes just in case before washing my hands and returning to my table.

 I stayed for two more minutes just in case before washing my hands and returning to my table

What a beautiful image.