Campfire Confessions From Starlit Hearts

15 years later

Nene POV:
After placing my sunhat atop my layers of clothes, I carefully zipped up my suitcase. I turned to Rui who also seemed to be finishing. I started thinking about what I should do next. Should I start making lunch? Or maybe I should just take a break and finish the book I'm reading... Luckily I didn't have think for much longer as I heard a voice coming from a little bit away.

??- MAMAAA!!!!
Standing in the doorway was Asuna Kusanagi, a rambunctious 7 year old boy named after what he is, bright (jk he's named after an anime character) and who was one of my greatest pride and joys.
N- Are you okay, Asuna? Do you need help with something?
A- I finished packing!
N- Already? That was so quick! Let's go check if you actually packed everything.

I took Asunas hand and walked over to his Studio Ghibli themed bedroom. I opened up the suitcase and started looking though, making sure he packed everything I wrote on the list. Sure enough, he had everything.

N- Nice job Asuna! You packed everything I wrote on the list.
A- Thanks Mama!!
Asuna wore the widest grin and looked so proud of himself. I felt blessed to have raised such a wonderful, smart kid.

N- But do you really need to bring all these plushy's..?
A- Of course I do! I don't want any of them to feel left out!!
N- Of course, how could I have been so ignorant? Why don't you go help your younger brother? He's only five so he still needs a little help.
A-  Okie dokie! IM COMING TO HELP YOU NEGI!!

Asuna ran out the room towards the room of my second born child, Negi. Negi Definitely took some of my genes being quite shy, but very intelligent just like his brother. We named him Negi because the name is somewhat related to nature and also sounds really adorable (it's also the name of an anime character). I stood up shortly after and headed back to Rui.

N- 15 year old me never would've guessed that this is how my future would turn out... but I could've never asked for anything better.
R- I agree. We get to put on shows with the best troupe ever, we live in this beautiful home, and we even get to go on trips with the most precious children in the world! Not to mention I have the most wonderful wife anyone could ever ask for.
N- Yeah, yeah... Stop flirting around like we're in high school..
R- Hehe, you never change, do you?
N- What's that supposed to mean?!
R- Nothing!~ Anyways, how about we go help our children pack?
N- *sigh* Why you...

Time skip to next day, 4:00 am
Rui pov:
I held Negi who was fast asleep in my arms, while Nene held the hand of Asuna who could barely keep his eyes open. I found the seats labeled M39 and M40 and placed Negi into the window seat. Asuna fell asleep almost as soon as he sat in the chair.

Flight attendant: (in Miku voice) Welcome to Miku Airlines! Before we start the flight we would like to go through some guidelines and rules in order to keep everyone on this flight safe and comfortable!

The flight attendant explained the rules and safety instructions before finishing with "Enjoy your flight". The plane took off and I looked out the window. I looked at all the city lights outside the window. I got this strange, nostalgic and almost magical feeling in my stomach. What could the lights remind me of? Oh, right. The most magical night of my life from all those years ago... the night when I kissed Nene for the first time. I looked across at Nene who noticed straight away.

R- I love you, Nene.
N- ...
N- I love you too, Rui

Mizuki POV:
"Thank you for choosing to board Miku Airlines, enjoy your time in Yokohama!" The flight attendant thanked us and I took my daughter, Hifumi's hand (surprise surprise, another anime characters name) and guided her down the steps and off the airplane, Ena following behind. We adopted Hifumi 1 year ago when she was 5, and she is just the sweetest little thing! She is kind, polite and absolutely adorable. The three of us walked into the airport and collected our luggage's. We called an Uber and waited outside for it to come. Even though it was 11:00 pm, Hifumi was still wide awake.