47 ~ Birthday

(a/n: cuz i finally found out how to upload gifs :D)

It would normally be described as the feeling of a massive weight being lifted off of Y/n's chest, but that simply wasn't enough to explain just how relieved she felt when she heard that she would no longer have to worry about her father. It was almost as if her very being was finally at peace, the long-term fight or flight instinct in her mind finally at rest.

She sighed deeply, a few new tears begging for freedom from behind her eyelids now. Rina smiled widely at her, her own puffy eyes growing glossier by the second.

Rina gripped Y/n's hand tightly, her words croaking out as a result of her emotional state.

"You're safe now. You never have to worry about him again."

Y/n pulled Rina close and wrapped her arms around her as tight as she could. The tears that had started falling from her eyes showed no sign of stopping, the smile on her face uncontrollable against her will.

Rina and Y/n weeped into each other's arms, the separation and relief having built up into a strong mix of emotions between the two of them.

Taehyun, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, and Kai looked at each other awkwardly, silently asking what they should do in this kind of situation. None of them knew the answer, resulting in them having to wait silently for about two minutes.

When the two girls eventually released each other from the tight embrace, they stared happily at each other's teary eyes, knowing they'd never have to be scared of being separated again.

Just as Rina was about to say something - probably an expression of how glad she was - the sound of the front door opening sounded loudly throughout the entire house, followed by rushed footsteps.

The members in the room looked at one another, one by one gaining an expression of realisation on their faces. Rina was the last to realise who it was, but Y/n had to wait until the footsteps reached her before her tired mind could even begin to guess who was in such a hurry to reach them.

Soobin burst into the room, his hair slightly disheveled from his hurried appearance, and his eyes instantly fell on the girl that - previously in a coma - sat awake on her bed, eyes red and swollen with emotion.

Words couldn't begin to express how relieved he felt in that moment, finally seeing for himself that his little sister was alive and well, and that he'd finally have the chance to begin to try and be a good brother to her.

Y/n looked back at him, a little glad to see him, but the rest of herself lacking the proper brotherly relationship other siblings had for her to feel the relief a sister feels when she sees her brother after a long time.

However, it didn't require a good sibling relationship for her to be extremely grateful for everything he did to try and save her, and in essence, saving her life.