Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Can't I just sleep in another room? I'm sure there are lots here." I asked hopefully.

I don't want to sleep beside him, not that I don't like him, but because I'm just uncomfortable to sleep with him.

"Actually, there are. I lied to you when I said I live here alone." He said sheepishly.

"Who lives here besides you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Charles, Keith, and Kale." He replied.

Well, that explains the hundreds of boxers in the laundry.

I almost forgot about Brody's bruise.

"Can I ask you something?" I spat, trying my best to stay calm. But I don't have the right to be mad though.

"Shoot." He answered nervously, not before gulping hard.

"You know the new kid, Brody, right?" I asked.

"Y-yeah, why?" He stuttered. I almost laughed at his nervous expression.

But why is he nervous?

"Why?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Why what?" He asked, plastering an innocent face.

"Fight." I replied vaguely. His playful, innocent face dropped.

"It's none of your business." He spat coldly.

"Yes it is." I answered, not knowing why I said that. My curiousity is killing me.

"And why is it?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, because Brody and I are friends." friends, right.

"Why don't you ask your so-called friend?" He replied, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"We're not friends. I mean, I don't want to ask him. It's okay if you won't answer, I know it's you who started, anyways." I spat back, almost whispering the last sentence, and crossing my arms.

"You don't know the whole story." He glared at the wall behind me.

"That's what everybody's saying. Why won't you just tell me?" I yelled, hoping he'll be persuaded to tell me.

"I said it's none of your business." He turned his eyes at me. "Just go to sleep." he added. Why is he being stubborn?

I feel bad for making him angry. This day was supposed to end good.

I made my way to his bed, not minding that we'll be sharing one bed. I felt the bed dip due to Jace's weight. I debated in my mind whether to apologize to him or not.

I should apologize.

I turned to face him but ended up facing his broad chest inches apart from my face. He is too close for my liking and to say that he is just in his boxers.

"I'm sorry." We said in unison. I was surprised that he apologized to me. It was me who started the fight- no, it wasn't a fight. It was a... an arguement? Misunderstanding?

"No, I should be the one who's saying that. I shouldn't have answered you rudely." He smiled.

"Yeah, you have a point." I smirked whilst his smile dropped. "Kidding man-whore, I'm also sorry." I winked.

He wrapped his arm around my waist. Okay, that was unexpected.

'Hey, there's nothing special when he places an arm around your waist. He surely did that to other hotter girls. How can you act that way when he just places an arm around your wai-'

'Stop it, get over it. You're overreacting.'

'No, you are. He can give you an effect like that even he's just placing an arm around your waist. What if he'll do something more than that?'

"Chelsea?" I forgot I was talking to him. Butterflies erupted in my stomach when he mentioned my name.

He pulled me closer to him while tightening his grip. I froze at his sudden movements and woah, I can feel his warmness through my shirt... and his six pack.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" he smirked.

"Nope." I tried my best to suppress my voice from cracking.

He pulled me closer, closing the gap between us.

"Now, am I?" he teased.

"Still not." I replied, matching his smug tone.

"A challenge, huh? I like that." He smirked, moving downwards to level his face with mine.

"How about this?" He buried his face in my neck, leaving butterfly kisses.

"Stop it!" I bit my lip to stop giggling. He stop and faced me.

"Did I make you nervous?" He smirked, a little determination on his tone.

"Nope, your kiss tickles." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You're the first person to say that." He raised an eyebrow. "They always say that I'm a good kisser." he winked, giving me a lopsided smirk.

"There's always a first time for everything." I rolled my eyes, rolling my body to the other side of the bed. I felt him pressing his chest against my back.

"Good night." He said.

"Night." I smiled even though he can't see it.

We stayed on that position for fifteen minutes until I heard him mumble something almost inaudible.

"I'm sorry." I heard Jace's voice, almost whispering to himself.

I was too sleepy to ask him and talk about that crap. He sounds so sincere. I wonder what was that for.

Or am I just hearing things?

After several minutes I arrived at dream land.

  ----

A/N:

Sorry for the wait. Hope you like it even if it's short. Sorry for the errors. Fan, vote, and comment.