Chapter 12

Chapter 12

His words echoed in my mind several times. Is he serious? I really don't know what to say. I just knew him for weeks now and I'm still not ready for relationships. 

Then he laughed. 

I stared at him, dumbfounded. 

"Just kidding Chels, that thing hanging over there," He pointed at the banner or something floating in the air with the sky lanterns. "was someone else's surprise. And I know you're still not ready for relationships. But here, I wanna give you this necklace to tell you that I'll be there for you whenever you need me." He said sincerely.

I'm upset at him for pulling that joke on me but after he said those words, it brought a big smile on my face.

"Thanks Jace," I smiled. He stood up and stood behind me. 

"Here," He said in a low, husky voice. 

I smiled as he placed my hair on one side and locked the necklace around my neck in a slow motion. His touch was warm and soft, making me close my eyes. After that, I faced him and held the pendant in my hand.

"This is beautiful." I smiled, looking down at the butterfly pendant with diamonds perfectly placed in it. "Gosh, how much is this?" I asked worriedly. I bet this is really expensive. I don't want to accept expensive gifts.

"It doesn't matter." He answered, tugging a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I just smiled. I know money doesn't matter to him. He's rich and, let me tell you, the heir to the Carter Company, a big and successful company.

He leaned closer to me and cupped my cheek. I don't want to ruin the romantic thingy crap or what you call it but I hugged him instead. He flinched a little but hugged me back tightly.

"Chelsea?" He muttered playing with my hair.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Thanks." I can see him smile as he say that.

"For what?" I asked. I haven't done anything good to him. Or anything like this.

"For this." He said, referring to the hug. He hugged me tighter and inhaled the scent of my hair.

"What about this?" I asked, slightly knotting my eyebrow. Has he never hugged anyone before? Oh right, he was too busy fucking them.

"I haven't felt this warm and comforting hug a long time ago." He chuckled. 

"Really? So does that mean someone hugged you like this a long time ago?" I asked, bemused. 

"Never mind." He sighed. I made a confused look even though he can't see me and just dropped it.

***

"Thanks, I had a great time." I thanked him as he leaned on the door frame.

"No good bye kiss?" He joked.

"Nope. Good night, Jace. Now, go away." I shooed him playfully.

He pouted his lips adorably and said his good bye to me. He winked at me before getting inside his car. 

I smiled like an idiot for about 3 minutes straight and just leaning on our front door. I yelped when I felt tiny hands, embracing my leg. 

WHAT THE-

"Young mom!" She giggled, hugging my leg tighter.

"What mom? Who are you, little kid? What's your name?" I asked, shocked. Who's this?