Chapter 9- Bad time trio

???'s pov

We were discussing what to do when we heard footsteps coming towards us. I prepared to attack, but then I saw that the person was an alternative me, a chara. And they were holding a peace sign.

"Who-" before I got to say anything, Sans summoned a gaster blaster and shot at the chara. When the smoke cleared, I thought that the chara dodged. But they were blown to dust.

"What was that for?" I semi-yelled Sans, "That chara might have been the key to getting us out of this infinite loop!"

"Sorry, Shift. I thought they were the Chara of my au." Sans said.

"I thought your chara was dead." Stretch said while smoking.

"My Chara was dead until recently they came back to life and killed my brother. I killed them, but I don't know what happened to them after Frisk reset the timeline." Sans said and tried to wave away the smoke using his slipper.

Suddenly, we heard footsteps again. We turned and saw the same chara, just like earlier they held a peace sign.

"Don't shoot me! I came in peace!" The chara shouted.

I became confused. Didn't Sans just kill this chara?

~Earlier at a random AU~

Chara's pov

I was taking a stroll when all of a sudden, I got surrounded by a bunch of sans with their gaster blasters aimed at me. What should I do?  The sanses just stood there, and then it clicked in my head. They were afraid of me. They must have thought that I was the original chara. But this must be an ambush. I looked around and saw who I presume to be Ink and Dream.

I was about to tell them that I'm not the original Chara when suddenly a portal opened beneath, and I fell through.

~Back to the present at the judgment hall~

Chara's pov

After getting killed by Sans's gaster blaster, I expected to be at the ruins of this AU. But I ended up at the judgement hall again. Let me try this again. I once again walked slowly towards the trio in the hall while holding a peace sign. The trio turned and saw me.

"Don't shoot me! I come in peace!" I shouted in panic. I raised my hands and showed them that I didn't have a weapon.

"Who are you, and how did you get here?" The human in the green hoodie asked.

"I'm Chara, I fell through a portal and arrived here." I answered.

"So 'Chara', where did you come from?" Sans asked.

I hesitated. Should I tell them the truth? Would they believe me?
Helen's words rang in my head,'No lie can beat the truth.'

"I'm actually from another multiverse." I said and waited for a reaction. The trio became silent and seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"If you're from another multiverse, how did you get here?" The Papyrus in the orange hoddie asked.

"It's a long story...." I told them about my multiverse collapsing, arriving at this multiverse, meeting Helen and everything else.

We then talked for a long time. I learned a lot about Shift and Stretch and their AUs.

"So, you guys don't know how to leave this place?" I asked.

"Yup, we've been stuck here for some -" Sans suddenly paused, and we all turned and saw a human. I couldn't see the person's face, but Shift said this was normal.

The human started attacking us with their knife. Sans and Stretch summoned their bones and gaster blasters to attack while Shift summoned knives. And the fight began.

"Hey! Chara, can you stop standing there and come help?" Stretch asked.

"I would love to help, but I only have this tiny knife, and I don't know how to fight." I said while pulling out my knife.

"Throw your knife or something." Shift said.

"Ok." I threw my knife in a dramatic pose, and.....

It fell right in front of me, on the floor. It was nowhere near the human.

"I thought all charas have a special affinity with knives." Sans said.

The trio continued fighting. I wish I could help. Suddenly, an idea formed in my mind.

Stretch's pov

I couldn't dodge, I already used up my strength to attack. I watched as the human attacked me, and I fell to the ground. Shift and Sans rushed towards me and shouted my name. At the corner of my eye, I saw Chara pointing their knife at the human. Then I closed my eyes.

Sans's pov

"Stretch!" Me and Shift shouted worriedly as we held on our fallen friend.

"Please, stay with us!" I pled as Stretch's eye light began to dim, and his hand started to dust. Just then, Chara walked towards us, and they stabbed Stretch with their knife.

"What are you doing!" I shouted.

"Shh, I'm healing him. I need to concentrate." Chara said.

I watched in shock as Stretch's bones began to form and stopped dusting.

"What happened?" Stretch asked as he opened his eyes.

Both Shift and I stared in shock.

"You were about to die, and I healed you." Chara said proudly.

"A chara using healing magic, that's new." Shift said.

"Wait! What about the human?" Stretch asked. We all looked around but couldn't see the human.

"Oh, I asked the human to leave, and they left." Chara said.

"You did what!" We said with disbelief.

~After a while (time skip)~

Chara's pov

"Hey Chara, you should get a nickname. Cause there are so many other charas in this multiverse." Shift suggested.

"I don't have any ideas. Can you give me a nickname?" I asked.

"How about 'Peace' ?" Shift suggested

"I agree, that would suit you a lot." Stretch told me.

I looked at Sans, and he nodded.

"Thanks, Shift. 'Peace' will be my multiversal name." I said with excitement.

Suddenly, a portal opened and Helen stepped through.

"Hi, Char. Who's your new friends?" Helen asked.

"Helen, meet Shift, Sans and Stretch. Everyone meet Helen." I said.

Helen and the trio talked a bit.

~Another time skip~

Chara's pov

"It's time to go, Char." Helen said as she handed the trio a bottle of ink and told them what to use.

"Bye." I said.

"It was nice meeting you. Bye, Peace." The trio said.

                              <To be continued>