Chapter 5- Welcome to the underground (part 2)

Chara's pov

After the flower disappeared, I decided to walk into the ruins. I walked quietly and quickly past the traps and puzzles. I then arrived at a house.

"I advise you not to be seen by the monsters." Helen whispered.

"Why?" I was curious.

"You would be in a tricky situation if you met the Chara of this AU or any monsters/people that know them." Helen explains.

The door was opened, so I quickly ran in the house and found a giant door in the basement. Suddenly, I heard a voice upstairs and I immediately panicked. I tried to open the stone door, but it appeared to be locked.

"I think there is someone in the basement." A voice said.

I knew if I waited any longer, I would be found. Feeling my heart beat faster and faster, I took out my knife, and without a thought, I slashed and destroyed the door. I quickly ran as fast as I could into the unknown.

After a while, I stopped running and realised that I was lost. I looked at the snow beneath me. Was it snowing? Is it even possible in the underground? I felt sleepy, so I climbed up a tree and rested my head.

"Hey! Chara! Wake up!" I opened my eyes and saw Helen shaking me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, still half asleep.

"A human and two monsters incoming." Helen said.

"Okay.... Wait! What did you just say?" I sat up in alarm.

"A human and two skeletons are heading your way. But I think they are just passing by." Helen replied.

"You scared me!" I whisper-shouted.

"I got just a call from Tori. It appears that someone was in her house, and the 'someone' managed to destroy the stone door that leads to Snowden." A skeleton said with a slight serious expression, he seem to be familiar. I remember now! I think he was the one who tried to heal me but failed.

"Come on! Let's spy on them. It'll be fun!" Helen said with excitement.

"No, I can't risk being seen." I actually just wanted to sleep longer.

"I bet that you just want to sleep longer." Helen crosses her arms.
Did she just read my mind? I thought of something funny, but Helen didn't change her expression. So she can't read my thoughts.

"Fine, let's follow them." I sighed.
I climbed down the tree and began to hide behind different trees while listening to their conversation.

"So Papyrus, how is the other human?" The shorter skeleton asked.

"I thought I was the only human in the underground." The human said.

"Eh, Sans... I..." The taller skeleton, who I assume is called Papyrus, stutters quietly.

"Are you alright, Papyrus?" The human said.

"Nyeh heh heh! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS FINE, BUT THANK YOU FOR ASKING!" Papyus said.

"So how is the other human? Can I see them?" The human looked excited.

"...... THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS VERY SORRY! WHEN I WENT TO CHECK ON THE OTHER HUMAN, THEY FELL OFF THE BED AND TURNED TO DUST! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS SO SORRY!" Papyrus looked very sad and guilty.

"Hey, it's fine. It wasn't your fault that they fell off the bed." The other skeleton tries confort Papyrus, while the human seem to be in deep thoughts.

"I don't think the other human died." The human said.

"HOW? I SAW THEM TURN TO DUST." Papyus asked.

"Humans don't dust. If they died, they would have left a body." The human explains.

"Crack!"
I accidentally stepped on a branch.
The three of them looked towards my direction.

"Hi? Is there someone here?" The human asked.

"What should I do?" I whispered.

"I think you should show yourself." Helen answered.

"But I thought you said..."

"Look, I don't think they knew the Chara of this AU." Helen whispered.

"Hi? Is there someone here?" The human asked again.

"Don't be shy." Helen smiled mischievously and pushed me out of my hiding spot.

"IT'S THE OTHER HUMAN!" Papyus gasped.

"Hi?" I said awkwardly.

"HI! I'M THE GREAT PAPYRUS, THE SKELETON ON MY RIGHT IS MY BROTHER, SANS. AND THE HUMAN ON MY LEFT IS FRISK." Papyus introduced.

As Papyrus continued his long speech, I saw Frisk looking pale. I wonder why.

"SO, THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS GOING HOME TO COOK SPAGHETTI. SEE YA ALL LATER!." Papyrus said and left.

"I'm going back to my post. Frisk, buddy, please do me a favour and bring the new human to my house at 7:00pm for dinner." And so, Sans left too. Leaving me alone with Frisk.

"Hi, if you don't mind me asking, what is your name?" Frisk asked.
What should I say? Does Frisk know the Chara of this AU? Should I lie or say my real name? After some thinking, I decided to joke a bit.

"Greetings! I'm Chara, the Demon that comes when people calls it's name." I smiled. I feel so embarrassed, but my face showed no emotion. I saw Frisk's face turn from pale to white. I think I went too far.

"You ok? Sorry. I was just messing with you. My name is Chara. This is my first time at the underground. I'm still getting over the fact that monsters are real. It's pretty shocking." I said, I was telling the truth, sort of. In my AU, I haven't jumped down the hole in Mount Ebott. But I already knew that monsters existed a while ago.

"Chara? I think it's time for dinner. We need to go." Frisk said. I nodded my head, and we started walking to Sans and Papyrus's house.

<To be continued >