20. Fuck You

April

Present

The Cafe door closes behind me and I try to regulate my breathing. The warmth from my skin absent now that I am no where near the person who invoked it in the first place.

I seek the hot tentacles of awareness that had me in a chokehold.

I resist the urge to glance behind me to see if I could catch a glimpse of him.

But, bleak reality seeps through my pores when I see an agitated Weston sitting in a booth in the far left.

I slowly make my way towards him, my earlier mood becoming grim by the second.

"April! God, what happened cupcake? I was starting to get worried. You are never late..." He trails off when I take a seat opposite him coolly.

"Anyways, I ordered you your favorite Shrimp pizza. It's gotten cold now, we'll just ge-"

"A divorce. That's the only thing I want from you."

I watch as all the color drains from his face and he glances down at the menu.

"I'll just see what other options they have, ma-maybe a red sauce pas-sta." His voice is strained and he has completely ignored the words I just said to him.

"Ignoring the inevitable is just going to drag this further. And I'm pretty sure this is as much of a torment for you as it is for me." I muster in my most bored tone.

Inside? Inside I am slowly starting to boil with rage. How does he sit here, across from me and pretends that he didn't single handedly destroy our marriage?

He broke apart our family for a moment of lust.

He has left scars in my heart which I entrusted him with.

He broke the vows that tied us till death do us apart.

I loved him. With all my heart. I accepted him with all his flaws. We started a family. We became parents and have the responsibility of two additional tiny lives that trust us blindly.

And he wrecked that.

He did it.

My Weston.

My vision turns blurry and I don't notice until I see him reach out a hand to wipe away the tear that slid down my cheek. I flinch away from his touch.

He winces visibly before dropping his hand and looking at me pleadingly.

"I said I am sorry April, I'll say it a thousand times over and if I could go back in time I would never even join Rubin's company. Just give me one chance April. Please April, I love you cupcake. I'll be the best damn husband in the world. Please don't leave me."

Tears of his own wet his cheeks.

I wipe away my tears.

Fuck him, he doesn't get to see me like this.

"Should have thought about it before you got your dick wet somewhere else."

"April--" He chokes. I have never spoken to him the way I am speaking to him now.

"Here is my lawyer's contact," I slide Mr. Quincy's card towards him, "have your lawyer contact him to discuss the separation of assets."

"I am not going to get a divorce lawyer." He says fiercely.

"As for custody, I am going to take full time custody of kids and you can visit them or have them over on a weekend or two. Do you have anything more to add?"

"I am not signing the papers."

"Oh and also you can keep the house, holds more sentimental value to you than me. Your father gifted it to you and all. I don't want anything else from you."

"Everything is ours. We are not getting a divorce." He slams his hand down on the table top.

I stare at him. At the ugly creature with tears running down his cheeks, his face red, spit and snot flying at the corner of his mouth.

I stand up and lean forward.

"Don't get a lawyer--mine screws you over. Don't sign the papers and I'll file a restraining order. And no, I want no part of everything that you ruined. It's soiled for me now." I straighten and brush my trembling hands down my pencil skirt.

"Fuck you, Weston. Hope the divorce papers find you in hell." I smile sweetly at him before storming out of the Cafe.

Once I am outside, I smile so fucking bright.

Though it hurts its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

First time in years I have the urge to celebrate something for myself.

It's party time.

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE