36. Love, Love, Love

The familiar scent of Jackson's apartment envelops me as I step inside, a sense of warmth and familiarity washing over me.

As he closes the door behind us, I find myself drawn into his embrace, my arms wrapping around him with a sense of longing that has been building within me for so long.

The weight of his embrace feels like coming home, a balm to my wounded soul.

"I've missed you," Jackson murmurs against my hair, his voice filled with emotion.

"I've missed you too," I reply, my voice muffled against his chest. "More than you'll ever know. And I hate Weston for ruining our moment."

"Would it be sappy if I told you that the evening is only ruined if we allow it to? Actually makes sense you know? While I'm pretty sure I've scared him away, we can get a restraining order just in case or you-"

"My god, shut up and kiss me already." I laugh and kiss him.

We stand there for a moment, lost in each other's embrace, the silence of the room filled with the echoes of their unspoken longing.

My breathe fogs the air between us as we break apart.

But as the moments pass, a sense of playfulness begins to seep into our reunion, the familiar banter returning.

"You owe me atleast a dance, I suppose, you know for all the trouble you caused," he teases, his fingers tracing circles along my back.

I look up at him with a playful glint in my eyes. "I believe you're the one who promised to sweep me off my feet."

A grin tugs at the corners of Jackson's lips as he takes my hand, leading me to the center of the room.

"Alexa, start playing Just The Two of Us."

"Fancy." I chuckle.

The soft strains of music fill the air as we sway together, our bodies moving in perfect harmony as if we had never been apart.

As we dance, our movements are fluid and synchronized, I can't help but feel a surge of emotions coursing through my veins. With each step, I feel the weight of our past slipping away, replaced by the overwhelming sense of love and joy that fills my heart.

"You know," Jackson says, his voice soft as he looks into my eyes, "I never could stop thinking about you. Everyday was torture."

A blush creeps onto my cheeks as I meet his gaze, the sincerity in his eyes melting the remains of my walls.

"I never stopped thinking about you either," I admit, my voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm sorry for everything," Jackson says, his voice tinged with regret. "I should have fought harder for us."

I shake my head, a frown on my lips. "I should be the one to apologize, I can't believe I hurt you and left you, but I want you to know that I was doing what I thought was the best for my children at that moment...even if it was not what I wanted. At all," I reply, my voice filled with sincerity.

"Love, please don't apologize. God darling, it sucked and I want to be angry at you for putting me through that but what matters is that we're here now, together."

"Do you remember the first time we dance together?" I  ask, recalling that night in the club and how provocatively I danced against him.

Another song starts playing in the background, with a more upbeat tempo.

He grins, his fingers tightening around mine as we move across the room. "How could I forget?" he replies, a playful gleam in his eye. "You step on my toes more times than I can count."