18. The Queen's Suspision

"Are you feeling better, Alyssa?" Mariell asked while adjusting the sleeves on her dress. It had been three days since she woke up in her bed after falling asleep on her dragon's company.

"That would be an exaggeration" she replied and went to drink some kind of tea that would help her feel better acording to the grand master. Mariell chuckled at her, they had become vary good friends these past months and she trusted her with pretty much everything.

Tanya came inside "good Morrow princess, Queen Alicent is requesting your presence in her Chamber. The princess Helaena is there as well."

She had started to do frequent visits to the queen, every morrow she would visit the queen before or after breakfast. And sometimes Helaena would be there as well and now since she was with child, she would be there all the time.

Alyssa nodded and had Mariell accompany her there. The court turned when she entered the hall and bowed in respect for the princess, like they did every morning. She had gotten into routine here in the keep.

They walked up the stairs but there was something odd going on. She felt like someone was waching her, her eyes scanned the hall but she could not see the person that made her feel that way.

"Are you alright, Aly?" only then did she stop lookimg around but instead moved her gaze to Mariell, who had a confousing look on her face.

"I'm fine, it's nothing" she did not know if it was Mariell or herself she was trying to fool, but it sure didin't work.

Once they left the hall and reached maegors holdfast, the feeling disappeared. Relief washed over her body as the feeling was gone. Mariell turned to face her and gave a polite smile. "I should go now, but i Will see you later, Princess"

And of she went down the corridor, leaving Alyssa alone. She continued to walk to the Queen's chamber and met ser criston outside. "Ser, criston" the knight gave her a court nod "Princess, the queen is waiting for you" He said as he reached for the doorhandel to open.

The queen's chamber was nothing out of the ordinary, the morning light streaming through the windows and dissolving the room.

The queen stood by the window with her back to her. The door closed slowly and Alicent looked behind her and immediately pulled up the corners of her mouth.

"Good Morrow, dearest" Alyssa gave her a little smile and they sat down together "good Morrow, Alicent". Alicent greeted her with a hug and the smile she had on her face did not falter even a little bit. "A good Morrow it is indeed"

Helaena too came through one of the door inside the chamber and greeted her friend with a kiss on the cheek. Her belly had already started to grow even though she had been pregnant for a couple of days.

"Is the master here yet, mother?" Helaena asked and sat down next to Alyssa. She chuckled at them "How meny check ups shall you have with the masters, Hel"

Alicent frowned at the question "It is not for Helaena, Alyssa. It is for you" she replied camly and smiled happily. Now it was Alyssa's turn to be confiused. Why would i need a master? She thought and laughed nervously.

"Forgive me but i don't understand, why would i need a master?"

"Mother belive that you might be with child, Aly" Helaena answered before Alicent could. Alyssa opened her mouth slightly from the ridiculous thought, where beyond the wall did she find that information? She thought. A knock was heard on the door and Alicent stood from her seat.

"Your grace, i am not with child, i am in no need for a master to check me i am sure."

Alicent took her hands and held them tight. "It is merly a check, dearest. I know you Will be a wonderful mother and have meny beautyful children" her words were so convinsing that she almost belive it.