19. What Is He Doing?

"It's really not that bad, it has only been a cuples of weeks but he let's me sleep" Helaena explained while her and Alyssa walked back from the Queen's chambers. She held her hand on the belly that just kept growing.

"Perfect, all of these visits with the masters might take you somewhere after all." she replied, Helaena chuckled and patted her belly once more. "I supose they do"

The coridorrs where empty and quiet, it was dark outside and Alyssa had spend her entire day with Helaena, and Daeron untill he went to train with Aemond. The Queen's nagging about becomimg pregnant has decreased ever so slightly. But she had been a little more distant towards Alyssa whenever she visited, but she tries not to think of it to often.

On their way to Alyssa's chamber they laughed, jested and talked, but it all ended when Alyssa saw a glimpse of a very familiar person outside the window. "Just wait a second, Hel" she said and softly let go of her arm. She observed the yard carefully and realized it was Aegon.

"What is he doing?" Helaena frowned not knowing what she meant. She too looked out the window and saw Aegon. "I don't know, he used to just disappear like that when we were children to, but i don't know where he went"

Alyssa stared blankly out the window, he was wearing rags and a cloack with a hood, but she could still see his silver hair that shone in the darkness. "We should hurry now, Daeron will be worried if i am too late" Aegon disappeared in the dark and she scoffed while shaking her head "at least you have someone waiting for you".

Helaena felt bad for her friend, she knew how her brother could be, but he was never so bad towards her. But of course, she wasn't his wife. Her hand rested on Alyssa's arm "The dark cloud's will die when the bright sun appears".

Instead of questioning, Alyssa took her arm once more and they both waltsed of to their chambers. But the thought just wouldn't leave her head, what was he doing? She knew that he was with a woman once, did he still meet her outside the keep. Why would he meet her outside the keep with rags?

**********

"The he said 'i am not a common man, i am a lord'" Joanna giggled and the whole table burst out in laughter. Alyssa stood by the window, lookimg down on the yard. She had pretty much stood like that the entire night due to sleep difficulyies so she probably looked like a wreck. The other ladies sat at the table, rating breakfast, drinking wine and jesting back and forth. Joanna just told a story about some drunkard at the Streets, whining about his title or something.

She did not pay them much attention, but kept staring out the window, Tanya came up behind her and place her hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright, Aly?" She place her hand on top of Tanya's and nodded. "Yes, yes i am fine".

"Princess, i belive it is time for us to go." Cassandra said. The three ladies stood from their seats to leave, but as the others exited the room, Mariell stayed. She signaled for Tanya to leave them alone and so she did.

Alyssa did not notice Mariell's stay and kept looking down on the yard. Mariell stood next to her and cleared his throat. "Is everything alright, Princes-"

"What is he doing?" she asked, with no further explaination.

"I'm sorry?"

"Every night he leaves, and he dosen't come back untill dawn, and sometimes even later than that."

"And the 'he' we are talking about is the prince?"

"Aegon, yes. Where is he going? No one tells me enything, i have never cared much for it but now for some odd reason i am suddenly intrested in his where about's."

Mariell cleared her throat, knowing where he was. But should she really tell?

"Princess, Alyssa, i might be wrong" she took Alyssa's hands, making her turn away from the window. "There is a specific place in city, called 'the Streets Of silk"